Please post PICS of your HERSHEY SWAG here... :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Please post PICS of your HERSHEY SWAG here... :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

For the last couple of years I've posted threads after Hershey and the Luray Prewar Swap meet, encouraging everyone to post the treasures that they hauled home. I see no reason why we ought to stop now, so please, post some pictures and descriptions here and show us what you found!!

My real mission was for this year was to find parts for my 1911 Maxwell AB, but that's easier said than done. However, I did have some success that I wasn't expecting. Anyway, here is what I found....

The list includes four Magneto bulbs for my 15, a half dozen Champion X replacement porcelains, an NOS pitman arm and an NOS driveshaft bearing by Hyatt that is PERFECT. There are also three Murphy fasteners that are hard to see. I also picked up a nifty Ford Accessory called "Ever-Tite crankshaft bolts. These are advertised to eliminate the need to grind your crank if it is out of round or worn... I think I"ll just put them in the display case with their original box and instructions. I did manage to find two Maxwell items that I needed: I found a #3 wrench, and a Westchester Carbide generator that I needed. The generator was cheap as brass units go so I was happy with that. Lastly, I have another weakness too... pre-1927 Lionel Trains. The two pieces of O-gauge rolling stock are an 800 box car and an 802 cattle car. Both pieces are from Lionel's early years and were produced in 1915 only.

Certainly not a huge haul, but for me, the brass generator and the train cars made the trip a success.. :-)

hershey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 07:04 am:

Please show a better pic of the "ever tite" bolts, i'm curious what's so special about them ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 10:41 am:

Leo, Here's another thread about the odd automatic take up "Ever tite" rod bolts with a link to the patent:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/272408.html?1331124314

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

Few goodies. Some good Hyatts for $3 and nice Bendix for $5. Odd timer for the wall collection And a plated spider wheel for bling on Dixie!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 05:11 pm:

Nice! Gotta love the bling!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 08:43 pm:

No pics, but found a model a generator for $50. Looks like a new rebuild. Don't know by who. At least appears to have new field coils and brushes. I was suspicious of price, but lady said it was on a car they bought and they "only run alternators", so they were selling it. Hope it's ok. Probably is.

Also found a pair of rear Hyatts and sleeves for $10. They are the new solid roller type, but some folks are having good luck with them. I figure they'd be ok for inners.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Danek_ Salem, Mass on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

Another great Hershey!

accessory front frame extensions

mid-late teens frame & axle housings

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Danek_ Salem, Mass on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 10:00 pm:

But wait, there's more!

Pre war Bing Model t coupe

Packed for home, front & rear square fellow wheels, 2 demountable wheels all with good tires, right front fender, low hood with riveted handles and correct upper and lower windshield frame for the coupelet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 08:12 pm:

Body for my speedster project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 10:15 pm:

Today I finally got it all unloaded and got some pictures. Here's the list: T Party Afghan display model, $10; pliers, #1349 wrench, scissors, $1 each; 1909-1919 crank pulley, $2; 4 X plugs, $8; 4 X cores, $4; five dies, $10; exhaust nut, $1; float, $5; doorbell button, $1; nine headlight bulbs, $30; six miscellaneous plugs, $5 each; two flags, $5; two TT engine blocks, $2; gas cap, $5; gas cap, $1; two spare tubes from Universal, $36.04.

Five NOS #31 plugs, $25; three Sta-Rite plugs, $15.

Boraxo, $10. Rosemary De Camp would be pleased.

Running board tool box, $25. Not perfect, but very good for the price. Oil can, $2.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 11:20 pm:

Steve, you sure had me going with the two TT wooden crankcase support arm blocks. Hehehehe!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 08:31 am:

I posted this in another thread, but here it is here as well. The front fender brace has been mounted on Betsy, the jury is still out on whether it will stay or not. :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 10:07 am:

Found some neat stuff despite my broken leg. Steve, enjoyed meeting you, thanks for stopping by. You did well at Hershey, love those plug discoveries. I found some T stuff for my 15 project and picked up ad addition to my Ford spark plugs that are in my collection. Terry

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration