It is my belief

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: It is my belief
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 09:00 pm:

That the only T part made over the years that all of them still exist today is the intake manifold. Sorting thru a bunch of my collection I have about 60 of them. I bet most T guys have a collection of them also. Can't think of any use for them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 09:02 pm:

I too have several intakes but not 60...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

Jim, thats only 10 for each of your T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 09:14 pm:

One year at Chickasha my buddies and I would get the seller to throw in an intake manifold or two with every deal we made. Most vendors were glad to do it. We then would sneak the manifolds onto some guy's trailer (he was parked just in front of the north building). By the end of the swap meet, that guy must have had 30 intake manifolds on his trailer. I wonder if he ever noticed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

Yep. I have about 50 myself. Cant give them away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 10:06 pm:

Now that is funny!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Fenrich on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 10:16 pm:

I was biking through the woods a year ago, and I made my friends stop because I saw a pile of old metal in the tall grass. Most of the pieces were far gone, but there was a fender, headlight and running board from a T, and a near perfectly intact exhaust manifold. Not quite intake manifold, but a related find!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

Is this a new Religion?
It might be called the Model in intake model T and waterpump guys
Or Model T suck passages tabernacle.
Please let us know what we should call you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 01:07 am:

Ya I have a bunch too, the ones no one wanted after Fred Lau's sale. Someone suggested making funky lamp bases out of them. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 02:33 am:

That's weird. Hard to find them in the southern hemisphere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 04:11 am:

Here in Sweden it's the same - even though T parts generally are much more rare here, you can almost always count on at least one T intake manifold at every swap meet.

Ryan - exhaust manifolds in good condition are rare, so you should have brought it along if it was straight with good threads :-)

It's only the regular 1914-26 cast iron intakes that's abundant. Aluminum intakes used up to 1913 are rarities just as the first 1913 cast iron style.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 04:46 am:

While there are many iron intake manifolds around, a great many of them have holes drilled in them to fit various devices supposedly to make the T perform better/more economically. Those I send to the scrap pile, keeping any which have not been modified.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration