SPECTATORS AT HERSHEY

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: SPECTATORS AT HERSHEY
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 07:58 am:

Do you think the spectators we on the low side this year? Last year they were really down

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 08:27 am:

I noticed a lot of paid for but empty vendor spaces in my area of the chocolate field.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 08:40 am:

That was the case a few years ago when I was there. My dad missed this year as a vender because of scheduled surgery. He be back next year though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 04:22 pm:

Seemed heavier at the car show today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 04:54 pm:

I wanted to go and usually camp in my car. But looks like that spot would cost me around $200.00 and decided to order parts instead. Love to go and with the crows down maybe a look at lowering camping prices for autos as they do not take up a lot of space. Just my opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 05:00 pm:

I've heard "the crowds are down" talk every year for the last 25 years. But it is really hard to judge. There are days that the traffic seems really light in front of our swap meet spaces but if you venture out into other fields, the foot traffic is very heavy.

I am not sure if the AACA keeps track of it or not. Seems like it would be hard to do the way it's setup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 05:10 pm:

I always judged the crowds by the different foreign languages we heard. After 2008 we heard far less that in years before. Then slowly each year we heard more and more.

I think due to the internet and other sales venues the body count at the swap meets has gone down. The expenses of loading hauling and food and lodging makes it harder for the older generation. I'm guessing there are a number of factors for the decline.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 07:09 pm:

I had plans to go but would spend $700+ befor i hit the gate makes it hard to justify but will i go again heck yeah

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 09:40 pm:

I have a vendor spot in the Chocolate field and I don't think the numbers seemed much lower than the last few years.

Wednesday was light but I sold lots of parts on Thursday and Friday morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff V on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 09:08 am:

I'm over in Orange field and I thought the crowd was definitely up from last year. My sales were way up too, but that hard to judge since I brought all different stuff so not an apples to apples comparison.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 03:33 pm:

I went to buy this year and buy and buy I did, I think I went out of control though since my poor truck and trailer where both sitting really low, was glad it rained all the way home to keep the tires cooled off! Thanks to everyone that brought all the T stuff for me!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

Hey Joe ? I just think that youre spending too much time here on this Forum !!! Are you done with my engine yet ?
Remember : Ahead of you is the promise to build the best Model T engine ( and best looking in details ever built in OH ) , so get to work !!!

All kidding aside, it was a pleasure to meet you and the gang . What a crew you got there , oh boy . Im sure it keeps all the ghosts away , lol . I love DOCS boots ! All fine people , really from the bottom of my heart . I feel like i know you for years . Best wishes to all and i will keep in touch and contact you soon about : " The Best Model T engine ( and best looking ) engine ever built in OH , by ENGINE JOE !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 09:09 pm:

The Hershey experience is exciting, and new every year. We have a gathering of the North Carolina Region of the HCCA at our spaces. Parts are sold, bought and traded but the friendship of people we see every year can not be measured in the cost of the Hershey experience. This was my 48th year and missed one a long time ago. See ya next year!!!!!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration