After Hershey

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: After Hershey
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 07:57 pm:

We left Hershey and headed for home at 6:20 AM. It took us close to 5 1/2 hours. It was perfect weather when we arrived home so we headed out in the 24. We ended up at Lake Ontario driving around 50 miles.

Our sales were down a little from last year, but still very good. I was looking for a nice high hood for my 25 TT and found one at the space next to us as the vendor was unloading. I almost bought the original 25 Touring that is seen in Dan B's post "As seen at Hershey (picture thread)....."
The owner bought it when he was 19 in 1963 from the second owner for $200. The original owner was a farmer who only used it on special occasions. He drove a horse and buggy the rest of the time. The second owner was a spinster lady. She damaged the left fender and told the current owner when he bought it how it happened. I was sorely tempted to buy it.. But at the last minute reality set in and I realized I really didn't need it. I thought the asking price was reasonable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 08:02 pm:

took me 6 1/2 hours to get back time to do a front end swap in the roadster, 24 looks good Dan when do we get an update on the merc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 08:02 pm:

Great pics, Dan! I enjoyed speaking with you at Hershey, glad you did well. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 09:40 pm:

Dan, I enjoyed meeting you and purchasing your 1914 windshield and horn. I'm half way home to Tulsa at the moment and will complete the drive tomorrow.

Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 10:17 am:

I enjoyed my visit with you and Ellen as always.
I always enjoy Ellen's cookies too. I would like to add, I like the way you restore your cars. They look like a Model T should!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

Dan - Glad to hear you made it home safe.

My father and I stopped and looked at the '25 Touring for a while and were also very tempted. We looked all over that car. It is a true time capsule. Here are some more pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 07:11 pm:

Spencer, Thanks, it's a 56 Ford Convertible I am working on. It's coming along slow, I had a lot of interruptions last winter. When the good weather gets here, we are out driving, etc. That's the good thing about winter in NY, it forces me into the garage.

Mark and Rich, I enjoyed talking to you and other forum member's as well.

Larry, Thanks for the compliments. We also enjoyed seeing you again. You didn't have enough cookies, we actually took some home. I like the way you do your T's to.

Dan, Thanks for posting the pics. My camera's battery died and I wasn't able to get any pictures of it. It was tough to walk away from it. If the interior was better, I wouldn't have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

Dan,

It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife.

Keep up those great posts with you grandsons and your T's!

Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 09:32 pm:

Ed, it was good meeting you and hearing your son likes T's also.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration