Rear wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Rear wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince Rehbein on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 05:35 am:

How do I remove the rear wheel and hub.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 06:23 am:

Vince... you need a rear hub puller. It threads onto the hub where the cap threads on and has a center bolt for pulling the assembly off the axle. Here is a link to a parts vendor that sells them.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/2800WP.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 08:21 am:

Also be aware that your vehicle may have safety hubs installed and requires the retaining bolt removed.
Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 09:25 am:

Alan, please explain or better yet- show pictures. Where is "retaining bolt" if they must be removed? None of my cars have them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 10:08 am:

Vince,

You might like to read this thread. It offers another way to remove rear wheels. I can say, this method works as I just did both rear wheels on my TT truck, Wednesday evening.

Good Luck,
Terry

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/795466.html?1507428634

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration