Hershey Car Show

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Hershey Car Show
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 10:32 am:

I didn't cover everything, concentrating on the T era cars. Something I noticed this year was the notable shortage of black era Model T Fords. I think there were three. One of them was a 1924 identified as a 1923. Anyway, here are the cars I did shoot.

1906 Buick Model G

Except for the new radiator, this 1911 touring belonging to Paul Rose is unrestored.

1914, 1913

1915 Touring

1915 Station Wagon

1923 Detroit Electric

1932 Detroit Electric

"It takes a lot of batteries."

The remarkable thing about Pete Ratledge's 1911 is that he drives it a lot but manages to keep it looking pristine.

The Ratledge tool kit.

1910 and 1910.

Another 1911

1910 Stanley

1909 Touring

I didn't see the serial number on the 1909, but here is the car number.

The other 1910 Stanley.

Gil Fitzhugh drove a Buick this year.

1913 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost

Another view of the Ghost

Rolls engine.

(Message edited by steve_jelf_parkerfield_ks on October 08, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 10:46 am:

Great pics, Steve.

Thanks so much for posting!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 11:56 am:

Some nice brass era cars, Steve!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 11:59 am:

As always thank you!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

Darn, Steve. I haven't been in many years but am in Connecticut dealing with "family issues" and was able to sneak away for the show. From the looks of the sun in some of your pics, you were probably in that area as I moved to some other makes. I did come back later on. Were you wearing your typical attire? You did a great job getting those shots. Hershey is horrendous for people walking right in front of someone trying to take a 1/125th second shot. I mostly shot video and will edit and post when I get back to the west coast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 12:39 pm:

Here are a few from my phone:
DuPont Roadster

1934 Brewster Bodied Ford

Studebaker 5th Wheel

1950s Greyhound - Owner clamed 1.2 million in restoration

(Message edited by Sbutler on October 08, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 12:45 pm:

It is great to see these terrific pictures. The first one of the Model G Buick and the "old Paint" Stanley were especially fun to see.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 03:25 pm:

I remember some folks used to hunt for the green glass out of the Trailways bus's like that to cut for windows in their street rods.
Did anyone happen to snap a good pic of the little CitiCar beside the red Steamer?
I want 1 of those to play with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

What is up with the fire extinguishers in the beginning group of pictures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 03:45 pm:

Fire extinguishers for each car are a judging requirement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 04:41 pm:

They are all cool but 2 Detroit electrics one one place that's awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 05:47 pm:

I am always surprised by how many people bring old cars to a fire extinguisher show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 06:09 pm:

Good catch Mack !!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration