Touring top repair

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Touring top repair
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 06:15 pm:

The top on my '26 Touring car is "coming apart at the seams." The material itself is in good shape, but the stitching is fraying. Is there anyway to repair it without removing it and getting it re-sewn? I live close to Amish country in PA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 07:42 pm:

I used some stuff recommend by a local fabric store. It is called Tear Mender. Www.tearmender.com. I coated the top and a piece of naugehyde cut into a strip. Held it together for a few minutes and it was ready to go. Their website had some good videos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 02:09 pm:

Several DYI's on UTube. Here's one.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQI47VaGWUE

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration