What's the best thing you found at Hershey?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What's the best thing you found at Hershey?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Dragone on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 09:20 pm:

I found a few goodies at Hershey this year, what did you find? Wondering if anyone found any early parts or speed parts like OHV heads or really anything you found that is interesting! Share what you found and some pics

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 08:12 am:

Here's a pic of my haul. I wasn't looking for anything big, so I spent a lot of time looking through bins and dollar piles. Most of the items came from a single box of random items that looked like it had a lot of T stuff in it. Rather than sort through it all, I took a chance and bought the whole box.

The only things that I found that were on my list were a couple of Schraeder 777 stems.

haul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 10:28 am:

Mark, You made a good buy!

I found an original Prest - O - Lite wrench with the name stamped on it for a bargain price (don't ask :-) ).

I had just a couple of parts for sale at the MTFCA site. I had a greasy, grungy looking grease gun, but had no idea what it was for. I didn't want to take it home, so I put $1.00 on it just for fun. A guy comes along and asks if the $1.00 is correct, and we said yes. He bought it and said we made his day!!! He said it fits his 1916 Hudson, and he had never seen one before in person, just pictures.

I also had a headlight reflector with all the silver gone, just dull brass finish left. I put FREE... O.B.O. on it, and on Friday a guy asks if that is for real, and I said yes, you can have it if you can use it. He said he will use it to experiment on and doesn't want to screw up a good one.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 11:31 am:

The best thing I found is the friendships I have made over the years in this hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 01:38 pm:

My best find was a nice high hood. All the time I was working on my 24 I couldn't find a good one and had to fix a junk one. The vender next to me was unloading his parts when I saw it. It will go on my 25 TT when the "boy" and I do that one when he gets a little older.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 04:43 pm:

1910 axle housings

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 06:02 pm:

Thanks, Joe!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Missett Wyoming, PA (NE) on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 11:03 pm:

Mark What did you have to give for that (cordless :-) drill ?
I've had one of those on my table (at Hershey) for the past couple of years and wish I had a quarter for the number of times its been picked up and scrutinized. It's all there works like new and does not smell like won ton soup (USA made)
I tell folks $15 expecting them to come back at me with $10 but no takers. I kinda like havin it there since it seems to attract the tool collectors and they'll buy another wrench or the like for a couple of bux. Just curious

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 05:10 am:

That's the only drill I knew growing up using my dad's tools; I still have it in my tool box today, but it rarely gets used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 10:57 am:

I think the drill was on a five dollar table, so I grabbed it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

Among a bunch of goodies, found another spark plug for my collection and it's a Ford plug too! Really, the best thing was all the folks to stopped by to visit and say hello.
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willard Revaz on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 03:58 pm:

Got the small drum Ruckstell I was looking for. Asked everyone I knew to locate one and Barry Linke came through. Many thanks. Paid a fair price which became even fairer when I took it apart and determined it was little used and in excellent condition, even the axles. The seller was even nice enough to deliver it from afar in the Green field to my trailer in the Chocolate field. Many thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 05:03 pm:

I'm not sure whether my best buy was the 1909-1919 crank pulley I needed for $2 (I saw two others at $60 each), or the Ford oil can for $2 (Others I saw were $25 and $40), or the Sta-Rite spark plugs for $5 each (I saw another priced at $160). All the walking certainly paid off this time.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration