Model T Memes and Funnies Part II

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T Memes and Funnies Part II
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker, Oklahoma City on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 09:25 pm:

Due to the overwhelming positive response to my Model T Memes and Funnies thread, and the fact that it's been brought up, it's about time to start Part II! The first one is getting so long that it's hard to scroll all the way to the bottom!

As always, post anything funny that's T related here!

Here's the link to Part I: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/721261.html?1507509975

Here's one to get things going!

Kermit Lizzie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

If you folks would click on the "Last Day" icon at the top or bottom of any page, you wouldn't need to do all that scrolling down. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 10:56 pm:

Another issue is for those on dial-up, who cannot practically view new material.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 11:01 pm:

Swap meet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 11:03 pm:

Mini T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 06:20 pm:

Buster pride

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 08:58 pm:

Vern, that last one is way too funny!
Mike, I just tried that and WHOA! That's really neat! Just like the net used to be. Oh, wait. ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 09:08 pm:

Duey,
Sometimes, they're funny to me and then when I see them the next day, I just groan and wonder if I should bother to post it. Obviously, different people have different funny bones. Confession time, they are quick to make once inspiration hits and the entire week is already done. So, they are just trickling out at this point.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

I hear you Vern. I X'd out of my response on another thread a little while ago... My own thinking is that I can be a "thread killer" sometimes.
Inspired? One should post.
"Duesenberg indeed!" Hehehe! You nailed it! No top, no windshield, that look and OH to be able to sit on THOSE seats!
Indeed! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 10:32 am:

Duey, yes, inspired.
Sometimes, God can sent inspiration as a message of warning or correction. There was a four year period in which God had me pastor a small church. The sermon every week is typically three points and a poem with illustrations. The illustrations came from observing human nature, character flaws, and the frailty of mankind then making pointed observations, sometimes in humor, while stating the obvious. It is healthy to laugh at our own faults since we all can identify with shortcomings and perhaps adjust our own behavior patterns. For example, I hope everyone has taken the time to insure their Model T and if you have not, bad things can happen. This is a hint at the cartoon for later today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 02:12 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 02:24 pm:

Ha ha ha ha !! I don't want to seem piggish, but I can't get enough of the funnies on this thread!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

A few go Hog Wild over being a Ham.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 05:18 pm:

Hehehe!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 06:22 pm:

lol @ pigs. Must be the early version with two hand levers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

Train vs T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 06:35 pm:

Early hogsheads. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

I had to read it three times before I got it Mike! :-) Hehehehe!
Oh Vern! Oww! ;-)
A fresh bed of coal laid out in the firebox (hence the smoke). :-)
Then again, on another note? I don't think that poor T was insured. Hehehehe! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 06:39 pm:

Onward swap meet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

Driver returns on foot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

Whacky wheels

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 03:02 pm:

Fun !! Vern, where do you find these funny T pix ?? They just beg for funny captions !! For the one above -

"You mangey coyote !! You've rear-ended Ol' Dan !! "

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linus Tremaine on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 03:25 pm:

I have a book full of these

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 07:34 am:

Rich B, to answer where: old movies.
My wife and I, over the years, enjoy seeing old stuff, museums, plantation homes, Williamsburg, Va., caves, antique shops, and old movies, mostly to see 50's & 60's cars in order to try to identify them, like a game.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 07:36 am:

Parallel parked close

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 09:34 am:

Now that is being Couped up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 08:05 am:

Together

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 09:45 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 11:18 am:

Too much choke. It's Flooded.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 06:18 pm:

good compression

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 06:50 pm:

Vern, may have good compression but it looks like a short!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 07:44 am:

From horse to T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 07:37 am:

Sale of trade

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 07:44 am:

For sale or trade since 1911
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/799810.html?1508326810

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Brintnall on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 12:09 pm:

Keep them coming, they add a little humor to the day. Thanks. Allen SW Mo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 07:18 am:

Click Chirp Chirp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 07:36 am:

I don't think setting the alarm on that one would be very effective!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 10:15 am:

Perhaps it locks the spark in the advanced position. [;0)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 08:17 am:

coupe rumble

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 08:37 am:

It's another audience participation cartoon. I did half the work; you provide the caption anywhere in this thread below like this:
#61 "Your quote here."

Cut in Half

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 09:01 am:

The first step in making a V-4 engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 09:29 am:

"The Boys" were pretty rough on their Fords.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 01:56 pm:

Olly and Ileen got the T for half off!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 03:07 pm:

I don't think they "saw" that coming !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

#61 Dang it, Olly, I said turn left. LEFT!...YOUR OTHER LEFT !!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 04:21 pm:

#61, "Sometimes you just have to tell backseat drivers to go their own way!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 06:59 am:

Smoking

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 07:15 am:

Radiator spew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 08:33 am:

Not a chick magnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

Lasso

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 04:10 pm:

He's got another problem !! What's he gonna dalley on ?!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

#61 "It seems the band needs attention."
The track for the carriage is pretty long for the camera to be beside it and for it to remain out of view...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 07:45 am:

Listen to coils

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 07:08 am:

4 Guys sad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 05:44 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 08:49 am:

after fire jump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

nightmare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 08:19 am:

Bent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 03:06 am:

Happy Halloween

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 10:59 pm:

When I was a kid old cars were known as RATTLE TRAPS and car dealers were lemon dealers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 06:46 am:

Narrow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. That's a favorite.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 06:30 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

Hehehehe!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 06:46 am:

truck in Ford garage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 06:06 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 07:58 am:

innertube hole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 08:17 am:

Another one down the tube, Vern.
I'll never get tired of these.
They are just flat out funny.
I'm getting pumped up for some more.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 10:25 am:

I love this thread, Vern's movie clips are about as much fun as the vintage photos we're treated to occasionally. It's great to see new cartoons, Rich !

I don't want to put any pressure on you guys, but keep up the good work. I also don't want to tread on the toes of overs who post, they are all good funnies !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 01:07 pm:

Thanks,
It's fun to make them and tomorrow's audience participation photo is ready to post. So, perhaps I'll just add it here to-nite, give y'all extra time to play with it, and keep your brains active.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 07:22 pm:

It's time again for audience participation! I just do not know where this cartoon is going. So, you supply the caption:
#75 "Your quote here."
no steering

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 08:33 pm:

I told you to tighten that steering wheel nut!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

I dont care if your French, GIVE IT BACK!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 09:23 pm:

I meant it ! If you think you're so dang smart, YOU drive ! I quit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 09:33 pm:

So this is a fat man steering wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 08:14 am:

#75 "I hope this thing works on Bluetooth."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 10:02 am:

Ok I'll drive while you text!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 07:26 am:

Found on road dead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 08:23 am:

F.O.R.D.
Found On Road Dead
For Old Retired Drivers
First On Race Day
Fix Or Repair Daily
Finally Our Ride Died
Fun Out Riding Daily
Foiled On Rainy Days

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 09:08 am:

#75.
Here!!! -Now it's right-hand drive! -You happy now?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 01:45 pm:

#75 You kept telling me where to go,Now you can take us there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 01:45 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 01:46 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

Oops sorry for the multiple post I don't know how that happened

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 02:45 pm:

#75 "If I had known you wanted to turn I would have left this where it was."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 07:08 am:

Tire feel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 05:05 pm:

Mike: Hey Pat, did ya'll finally get rid of that ol' T Model?

Pat: Yeah, but it weren't easy.

Mike: How'd ja do it?

Pat: Well, first we advertised it for sale and nobody would buy it. Then we advertised it for free and nobody would take it. We finally hid it inside the barn and moved away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 06:37 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 07:31 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 12:15 am:

I couldnít understand the reference to pigs and the early hogs heads. I havenít tried to install the 09 square transmission cover yet :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 09:31 pm:

#75:
"C'mon Stanley! You can do it! Just keep me going straight ahead! I'll help you!
Everyone's looking at me and they're mad! The guy behind Lucifer has started hollering at me!"

Rich: Cotter pins indeed! Best ever. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 02:49 am:

#75 I was familiar with Vernon Dent and the three stooges. Yet here he is with a steering wheel in his hand in a silent movie, playing the part of an uncle for the actor Harry Langdon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 06:19 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

taxi by minute

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 06:13 am:

It's another audience participation cartoon! I had my own quote but it's a washout.
So, you provide one, anywhere in the thread below in this format: #80 "Your caption here."
Splash

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 11:22 am:

I wish I had bought a Ford!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 11:41 am:

"Here I sit with a broken heart,
because my old junk car just would not start"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 02:09 pm:

Looks better topless!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

#80 "The Director said I would make a big splash in the movie biz!"
And:

A re-do of a previous one:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 04:49 pm:

I like it David. Thanks for joining in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 05:39 pm:

Caption for the picture above:
I told you not to eat that Burrito before the road trip!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 05:53 pm:

Not sure if we are over heating, I cant see the moto-meter!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 06:11 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

My wife tells me to use the good scissors because she wants the parts to be right for her Model T...but when I was a kid, that's another story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 12:10 am:

When I was growing up in the '50's&'60's, my mother did a LOT of sewing. The GOOD scissors were definately off limits! :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 12:54 am:

I have a pair of Gingham left handed scissors--woe to ANYONE (including ME) who uses them for anything but fabric!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 03:22 am:

Mom always told me not to run with the good scissors. ;0)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 07:36 am:

I've always been good at sharpening things so when Mom lent me her "Good" scissors to make gaskets she always said be sure they are sharp when you bring them back! Years later My wife gave me a pair of scissors to make gaskets with and after I sharpened them she took them back!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

More cutting humor to keep our minds sharp. My shop scissors were use by my Grandmother to cut bandages out of sheets during the War.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 08:54 pm:

Since we can't seem to cut ourselves away from the scissors thing.
About thirty years ago, I was driving down the road, saw, and avoided running over a nice fancy pair of scissors laying in the road. I stopped the truck, because I hate flat tires, ran back and picked up the scissors so nobody else would need to avoid them, or maybe get a flat tire. When I picked them up, I could see that had been run over more than a couple times, and weren't so nice looking. But the handles were still intact, and the blades had no real damage whatsoever. They are still in my garage, and my favorite scissors for many tasks.
Then again, I also have a large screwdriver, missing its handle. I use it often for tasks where I might otherwise damage a good screwdriver. It was retrieved from my tire when I repaired a flat. The entire roughly eight inch long square shaft screwdriver (missing handle) was INSIDE my rear tire, apparently having been kicked up by a front tire and placing itself perfectly in front of the rear tire as it made contact. Objects one might expect to lay flat can and occasionally do jump up and cause flat tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 09:01 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 12:57 am:

Hahahahaha! Makes me feel good. :-)

My favorite (good) scissors (long since stolen from my wife) are her grandma Clara's scissors and she was even crazier than my wife!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 11:44 am:

I have found that Crazy Ladies make good Pancakes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 01:14 pm:

I'm doing a wool upholstery job right now. My wife suggested - for the first time in 52 years of marriage - that I use her Gingher sewing scissors. They cut beautifully, but also needle sharp on the tips and a real hazard for a guy with clumsy fingers.

David D: Another left hander comes out of the closet ? I grew up as a left handed kid using right handed scissors (in my right hand). In latter years I was given a pair of left handed scissors. They were impossible to use after having used only right handers all my life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 01:42 pm:

Dick,
I too find left handed scissors a bit clumsy to use, spent too much time adapting to the right handed ones!
Left-handedness runs in the family, my Grandmother was left-handed, some of my cousins are too, however I'm the only one of my siblings, although my next-older brother is a bit ambidextrous.
BTW, at my Grandmother's insistence, I was Never "in the closet" she was quite adamant about "leave them alone, let them use whatever hand they want!" She had had her knuckles rapped too many times in an effort to make her right handed!
A few years ago (decades?) a college art instructor gave me some tests and told me I was a "True Left-Hander," and was using the right side of my brain as the dominate side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 01:45 pm:

PS, I figured the good news was that I was using my brain!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 03:53 pm:

That picture by Richard reminds me of trying to put creepers under the rear wheels to push the car around. I ruined the creepers! I think the same would happen with tricycle and skate boards!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 05:34 pm:

"...my next-older brother is a bit ambidextrous."

Man, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 06:24 pm:

Norm, often Rich's cartoons need a disclaimer - . . . Don't try this at home . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 12:47 am:

Yup, Richard. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 02:38 pm:

Rich- I believe your toons (if original) could be submitted to the hobby magazines for publishing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 03:02 pm:

Thanks Tim. That is a neat idea. Some of the humor would not be recognized by the non-T folks. I have fun scribbling these out in between things. It is good practice. If some of you like them that is enough for me.
There is lots of fun stuff here. I am glad Cameron started a special place for it.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni Fredericksburg, VA on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 03:22 pm:

After buying my 26 Touring.
Me "I looked under the car there is no oil leaking anywhere."

My Brother "Great! Now wait till you drive it."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 08:05 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 08:23 pm:

Richard thats not a coupe,its a barn!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

Now THAT's a "Tall T"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Bergmann Sydney - Australia on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 11:49 pm:

Richard, your toons are fantastic! Tom in Oz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 08:16 am:

At least he has some blueprints to go by.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 01:08 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 04:35 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 12:27 am:

Hehehehehe!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 05:37 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

stored for winter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 08:07 am:

It's time for another audience participation cartoon! Just add your caption anywhere in the thread below in this format:
#82 "Your quote here."
crawling into the engine bay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 08:21 am:

#82 checking oil the hard way!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren Valley, Nebraska on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 08:34 am:

"There must be an easier way to get to the transmission bands"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 10:02 am:

#82 "HELP! My tie is caught in the water pump!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 01:34 pm:

I knew I shouldn't have screwed in the floorboards. Can't find the screwdriver.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 01:45 pm:

The shirt survived spaghetti at lunch today but I don't know about this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 05:08 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 08:26 am:

gas level with match

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 08:30 am:

I actually did this once to check the gas level in a car and couldn't determine how much was in the tank. Two minutes later, after nothing had happened and realizing the foolishness, I wondered why I wasn't severely burned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 11:02 am:

Verne, our guardian angels don't get enough credit !!
Is that from a Harold Lloyd movie ?? Great detail of the gas cap and the metal under-seat panel. If it's the movie I'm thinking of, it was made in 1920, Harold's "tin grasshopper" had to be no newer - maybe it was new ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 11:30 am:

#82 Ah ha there is that nut I lost last week, between the oil pan ears and the frame!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

Rich, you're showing your age--metal oil cans???
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 01:01 pm:

David; I thought those were beer cans!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

Yes Rich, it is Harold Lloyd in 1920, movie: "Get Out and Get Under".

G. R., first there are no tabs lying on the ground and second, the cans have relief holes for air return. I don't drink so don't ask how I know this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 01:18 pm:

Vern when dad drank beer it was before "Pop tops" or "pull tabs" you used a "Church key" to open the Tin can and you did put two holes in the can, then in a show of manliness when you finished your beer you crushed the tin can with your hand. I never learned how to do that as aluminum cans came out when I was too young to drink!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 02:16 pm:

Since I have a '20 runabout and it's a Harold LLoyd movie, Get Out and Get Under is one of my favorite movies. About every T gag is in the movie. If you have not seen it, it is worth seeing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 02:56 pm:

One time in the Virginia mountains we had a church key to open soda bottles but we forgot a can opener to open the can of baked beans. So, I used the church key and went all around the bean can until we could consume its contents.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 04:23 pm:

Re: Vern's post, from one of those old roadside jingles,

He used a match

to check gas tank.

That's why we call

him Skinless Frank

BURMA SHAVE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 02:10 pm:

RE: Vern's post again
My bonnie looked into the gas tank
to see how much gas there might be
I lighted a match to assist her
oh bring back my bonnie to me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

"Actually, the gas doesn't burn at all. It's just the fumes that do."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Keller on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

Picture this in your heads while reading this. A true,funny (but not because it happened to me) story. I had to patch the bottom of my gas tank so I cleaned it out with "Goof Off" first. I proceeded to start cutting the bad section out. I stopped to peek down through the gas cap opening to make sure I wasn't cutting anything I shouldn't be, and since the Goof Off fumes were strong, I put my mouth close to the opening and blew air into the tank. A flame shot out of the opening and singed my eyebrows/mustache to the point I had to shave what was left of my "stach". My wife almost peed her pants when she saw me. you would think during the first cut from the sparks, it would have gone off like a bomb (literally). Maybe because the sparks from the cutting wheel were on the outside of the tank? Dunno, but a word to the wise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 01:26 pm:

Welding not

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 01:40 pm:

I too learned what a piston sees while working on a gas tank. I singed a little hair and woke my sister up. I have been very careful during the 50 years since then and happy to have survived.
I feel a little sad for those who have missed some of these exhilarating near death experiences.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 01:51 pm:

An old guy told us once that you could weld a gas tank if you filled it with water first! Well we believed him and tried it, the steam pressure created ruptured the tank where it wasn't leaking before! We never listened to him again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 02:57 pm:

G.R., that is one of those, you could but I wouldn't statements. I freaked my son out the other day after I installed his new gas water heater. I got out my lighter and checked for gas leaks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 03:40 pm:

Willie saw some dynamite,
Didn't understand it quite.
Curiosity never pays;
It rained Willie seven days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 03:53 pm:

Once I tried to move the filler neck of a gas tank. I filled it with water and drained it and filled it again. I couldn't get it hot enough with water in it so I drained it again and took a welding torch to the tank and it blew up! Even water won't get all the fumes out. I am lucky I didn't get hurt. After the tank jumped off the ground it must have burnt out all the fumes because I could then weld the filler and patch the old location. I wouldn't recommend anyone else try this. I was only about 18 years old then and not as experienced as now.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 04:48 pm:

Norm,

Isn't it amazing how much 50+ years of experience helps? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, December 01, 2017 - 10:29 pm:

parking lot and meters

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 01, 2017 - 11:29 pm:

Two of my uncles got blown up welding on tanks that were supposed to be safely cleaned. I don't think either of them ever fully recovered.

Let's be careful out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 06:57 am:

In a past life, I worked in a Welding/Machine shop. One of the things we made were fuel tanks to mount in pickup beds for refueling tractors and such. This was in the early '70's when the farmers around here were using M Farmalls and John Deere 60's. We wouldn't fix a gas tank unless it was one that we made. We would run a hose from an exhaust pipe of a running car into the tank. The exhaust fumes (CO-2)expelled the gas fumes and made the tank safe to weld. Fast forward a few years when I was working for a farmer and we needed to repair an Anhydrous tank, read high pressure. I hooked up a hose to an older GMC truck and let run for a bit. Took the cutting torch to it and it went off like a flute through the many outlets that we had opened. Couldn't figure out what was going on after trying it a couple of times. Finally realized that the truck was running way too rich and was filling the tank with gas fumes. One of those life learning experiences. :-( Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 12:28 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 03:35 pm:

HA....! They're all great Rich,....but that's the best one yet! You've even got the facial expressions and the "body language" right! That "duffus-looking" guy with the dumb look on his face and his hands in his pockets it sure a lousy liar! Ha,ha,....! Love it Rich. Hey, at least that pile of ruined rims didn't make it to a parts swap meet, right?

I'm sure you've thought of this Rich, but a collection of your cartoons would make a great book that any Model T guy would love to add to his library,.......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 01:51 pm:

Thanks Harold. That would be a fun project. I'll keep cranking them out as time permits. Rich Bingham and I started doing these in high school. I think they are getting better with some practice. I enjoy Vern's and all the others.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

Richard,
You are welcome to cartoonize all 80+ of my quotes to make them legal and place in a book.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 06:15 pm:

I see a cartoon calendar in Rich Eagle's future . . . ( I hope !!!)
Just lovin' this thread !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 09:33 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 10:49 pm:

Hehehehe!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 03:57 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 05:31 pm:

Great Richard. Love the jack placement. I enjoy ever one.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration