What does this pitman arm fit?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What does this pitman arm fit?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 09:39 am:

I picked up a pitman arm at Hershey (The one on the right) and when I got home, I realized it did not match the ones I have on my car, or the other one (on the left) I had in my parts inventory. What the heck does it go to? Does this fit a TT? arm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 10:10 am:

I'm just guessing, but the "improved car" has a lower frame in respect to the front axle (then have the earlier Ts). It would seem reasonable that the Pittman arms might be different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 10:13 am:

John... I agree, but if you look in the parts books, it lists all pitman arms as the same from 09-27. So therein lies the confusion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 10:37 am:

Maybe a Model N,R or S. What did they look like.

Seems like this topic has been visited before. I have several I've saved over the years but I cant remember if they have a Ford part no. on them.

I have one that has a slightly different angle but didn't think much about it. Its not as much as this one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 11:02 am:

Scroll down to RV Anderson's post. Hope this helps.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/452557.html?1402878003

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 11:27 am:

One thing I haven't seen on this thread are any forging marks. That should indicate whether early or late? In addition, there were many companies making replacement parts for T's. Is it possible this pitman arm is one of them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 11:29 am:

Thank you Gary... that is helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 11:30 am:

Larry... The one on the left is marked "W". The one on the right with the steep angle is marked "Ford".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

James,

If the one on the left has the two axis dimensions of A = 2-27/32" and B = 4-1/2" as shown on RV Anderson's post, it is one I am looking for and would be interested in purchasing it from you if you are inclined to sell. Please call me if you are: 210-279-7864
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

Daniel.. That is the same one I have on my cars so I'll probably be keeping that as a spare.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 06:58 pm:

So will the 'one size fits all' ones the vendors sell work on a 26 or 7?
Wonder if the vendors have had any complaints.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 07:11 am:

Hmmm, maybe the early torpedoes and runabouts were different. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 08:59 am:

The drawing by R V Anderson is also on my Reserrection of a 1909 thread.
Iím on the road right now and canít upload the picture.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration