Need to know what a vin plate looks like for a 40 chevy truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Need to know what a vin plate looks like for a 40 chevy truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 10:00 am:

Im thinking about getting a 1940 chevy truck. Its a nice truck but its missing the vin plate. Does anyone have one they could take a photo of so I can get one made? Here in Florida they want to match the vin plate with the title. Id hate to see this deal go south just because of a vin plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 11:31 am:

my 46 has a small metal tag on the drivers side
cowl. it should have the tonnage my 2 ton is a 6400
and the mfg number. they likely wont title it by the vin and use the engine number. i will snap a pic this evening. philip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 11:35 am:

Contact Chuck Shad in Gold Hill, Oregon. I believe he has very nice reproductions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

http://vcca.org/forum/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary

The Filling Station.

Google 1940 Chevrolet parts, there should be a number of dealers that come up.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration