Ruckstel gears

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ruckstel gears
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 04:46 pm:

I picked up some Ruckstel gears at hershey, three sets with different gear ratio's, can any one tell me what they compare to on Ford gears?Thanks Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 07:40 pm:

? what are the teeth counts? Without knowing that it would be hard to compare.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

I will check tomorrow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

Ruckstel ring gears are either 39 or 40 tooth.

Pinion choices are 10, 11, 12, 13.

The rest is just math.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 02:10 am:

Both thirty six and thirty seven tooth ring gears were also made, but I am not sure by whom. I know Ruckstell did make at least one of those, I believe the thirty six.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 10:21 am:

A standard Ruckstell uses standard T gears.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 07:38 pm:

The gears I have are 37 & 13, 39 & 13, 40 & 11, the 40&11 look like the std. gear but the others have different pinion gears than I have ever seen before?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 10:30 pm:

Are they all stamped with "Ruckstell" Joe ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 11:10 am:

Joe,

First set to last: 2.85:1, 3:1, 3.63:1,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 06:07 pm:

Steve, they are not stamped ruckstell. had some stamping on them, just letters. Thanks jerry.What would you ever use that steep of a gear on? with warford?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 10:44 pm:

All authentic "Ruckstell" gear sets I've encountered were all stamped "Ruckstell" - thus my asking. I have a couple sets that are stamped - I'll go count the teeth tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 11:08 pm:

I thought that Ruckstell recommended 13:39 when installing a two speed back axle.
Iím still on the road and donít have my reference books to hand and the memory is not as good as I once thought it was...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 02:16 am:

The 13/37 is really nice in a Ruckstell rear end on a light bodied car like a speedster or runabout. I had a friend years ago that had a set like that in a stock engine speedster. He loved it. Although, a few years later, he put on a B Rajo and really liked those gears!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration