Driving in the city today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Driving in the city today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

I've put about 400 miles on the '23 since I got it running a month ago. Drive it every chance I get including to work and the long way home from work. Bands are worked in and it's handling nicely. Shot this in the back streets of Rochester.

T roch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 08:56 pm:

Mark

am very glad for you, particularly due to your worries/concerns in the beginning. Good for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 08:57 pm:

Oh, and you're closing in on time to probably change the oil. In fact, you are definitely at the stage of wanting to change oil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

Looks good. Glad it's running well. With the winter coming up, you might want to install a top on the car!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 10:04 pm:

If you had shot this in B&W it would pass for an old time pic. Car looks great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 11:08 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 11:10 pm:

Not only black and white but right hand drive!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 12:13 am:

Glad for you Mark! I must admit that little bugger looks real fine! The color is fantastic against the red brick.
Oh wait... ;-) A colorized photo from a hundred years...

Dallas! Sorry Mark but that's a neat take on your pic!
I am so messed up I was thinking to myself "What a beautiful automobile."

That is what my rusty 24 should look like.
Oh just post it Duane.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 07:02 am:

Hey Scott, Actually I've already changed the oil twice since first starting that engine. And I'm getting ready to change it again with a lighter grade for winter driving. Been checking the band compartment screen and magnets on a weekly basis too. So I think it's as clean as it can be in there given the trauma that an engine goes through in the first few weeks of driving.

I have yet to install the generator and will do that as soon as I finish going over it. As it is the car starts easily with the starter motor and set on mag or battery. I run it on mag.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 07:14 am:

Here ya go. I like the original color version better. One of these days I'll shoot some actual gelatin glass plate negatives in a.vintage camera and post them.

Black and white

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 07:38 am:

is that by Peddlers Village on Anderson St

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 09:14 am:

Old building, old car. Love 'em both! Great pic. Enjoy the ride! Mark I'm like you, drive Pete especially, every where I go, being a P/U. I can haul "junk" to and from if need be. We take him shopping a lot as long is the weather's decent. Put 1200+ miles on him this summer alone. And a good 700 on Clarabelle the '13.

Dallas, love your RH drive version! Amazing the optical illusion these cute little cars provide!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 11:21 am:

Mark when you shoot will you be using a large format camera?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 11:24 am:

Made a sixty 125 round trip to Winston Salem Nc to pick up some jack stands

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 11:50 am:

G. R. sure I'll use either a 4x5, 5x7 or 8x10. We make the plates in any size even stereo ... and silent movie film.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration