Fires in northern California

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Fires in northern California
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 09:11 pm:

Are all our members OK? Is this fire in the area where the June national tour is to be held? I understand that already over 1,400 homes have been burnt. I hope none are our members or their cars. Our prayers are for you.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 10:27 pm:

Wow! This is the first I have heard about the fires. My prayers for everyone going thru this mess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 10:44 pm:

Other thread:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/797098.html?1507603215

I would have to check specifics about the June tour. The two worst Northern California fires, one in Santa Rosa, the other in Sonoma wine country.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 11:48 pm:

We reside in the vacinity of the Lobo fire. My daughters house is in Lake Wildwood, Penn Valley where all residents have been evacuated. They are just on the other side of Highway 20 from my house.

We are in an "evacuation advisory area". Apparently that means all their resources are tied up in removing and keeping folks out of the evacuation area. They want us to leave but only advise and don't enforce. So my daughter, son-in law and grandchildren are in our house with Terrie and me. I spent last night popping up to check the horizon of our little valley for flames. Our cars are full of items of value to us... Terrie has her dozens of photo albums and I have my clarinets and saxophones.

Unfortunately Rusty has a wheel all apart and cannot be moved. The speedsters magneto armature is in the mail so it is immobile. The omnibus has no running gear. It's all there with the gyroplane so if we evacuate we may be saying farewell to the toys.

I will hang back a while as I have installed a 3,000 gal tank at the top of my property maybe 80 feet above the house. I have a firehose hooked to the hydrant. The locals thought me a bit daft but I was raised in Southern California fire country!

You may not get real current information out of our area as we lost power for a day and a half (why does the county send info via texting, e-mail and web when all that goes bye-bye immediately?) and the radio has been repeating the same report over 24 hours now: 900 acres and 30-40 structures fire has 0% control and 0% containment.

I ran my generator for an hour yesterday to run the fridge and pump up the well. It then shut down refusing to run any more. I had to wait until morning to troubleshoot it. No spark. Reset the magneto gap and fiddled around. I got it running 10 minutes after the power came back on this afternoon. Not sure but I think the oil level sensor is flakey... not a terrible idea, Briggs&Strattons shut down if oil level goes low... but my oil level is correct.

Wildwood evacuation is now lifted but I still have a house full of descendants... all just went to bed so we are going to look for a news broadcast.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 12:04 am:

Terry, cal fire says the lobo fire is 30% contained, so that's good news for you. Our friends lost there home in Loma rica yesterday and my brother in law is evacuated in napa. Best of luck to you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 12:13 am:

Kim, thanks. We will do our best to keep your omnibus safe! Did you get the bumper sticker I sent?

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 01:23 am:

Tarry, Vonnie and I hope and pray that all will stay well with you and yours!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 01:25 am:

Typo....Terry...Sorry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

I am in Santa Rosa, several Model T's have been destroyed but that is really the least of our problems. Still 0% containment

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 11:49 am:

Andy, sorry to hear about the loss of Model T's and every thing ells in it's path. Were they your Model T's and are you safe wherever you are?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 12:48 pm:

I'm currently ok, but there are hundreds of destroyed homes and thousands evacuated.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Murray on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 08:07 am:

I've been watching Juan Browne's no nonsense coverage of the Lake Oroville spillway construction project all summer on his Youtube channel. Yesterday he flew over the area of the Lobo fire and posted these photos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnZLEuGcQAM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Honzay Mpls, MN on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 05:58 pm:

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration