OT question on a fuel pressure regulator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT question on a fuel pressure regulator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 11:03 am:

I had to change the electric fuel pump on our Ecuadorian built Chevrolet micro van. The replacement pump is fixed at 15 psi but the van only requires 4 psi and the OE or a compatible pump are unavailable so it's internet ordering time. There are several adjustable regulators available but state "not for use with ethanol or leaded gasoline". I can understand non compatibility with ethanol, but don't know enough if our leaded gas here would do any damage. I have sent e-mails to the two I am interested in but have yet to get a reply re: compatibility with leaded gas. What do those in the know say?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 11:09 am:

I use a mr gasket round one with no problem

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Hi Randall and thanks! Is this the one? It is one of the two similar I was considering. So no issues with leaded gas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 12:04 pm:

I bought one made by Holley. A really nice unit. Sorry, at work so I don't have the info handy. I used one as pictured above. It leaked and sprayed my whole engine compartment with gasoline. I don't imagine they all do that, but I wouldn't own another one. Was very lucky!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

Pretty sure that this is the Holley unit I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/Holley-12-804-Fuel-Pressure-Regulator/dp/B00029JC6M/ref=s r_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1507651507&sr=8-3&keywords=holley+fuel+pressure+regulator

The 12-803 goes from 4.5 - 9 PSI.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

Thanks Jerry, that is the type of info that I want too, good and bad. It appealed to me because of the dial design. Ideally the van requires 3.5 to 4.5 psi. Thanks to you both for replying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 01:10 pm:

Thatís the one

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration