Front axle nut

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Front axle nut
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hannigan on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 05:08 pm:

What is the thread size on the front axle spindle? having hard time with the nut so I was going to chase threads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 05:16 pm:

1/2" x 20.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 05:19 pm:

Nuts are 3/4" x 16 but are left hand thread and right hand thread , be sure you have the proper spindle nut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Palmisano on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 05:22 pm:

There is a left hand thread on one side, and a right hand thread on the opposite side. make sure you have the correct nut for the side you are working on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

The size I gave is for the thread on the spindle bolt. Looks like I misunderstood what you were asking for. I apologize.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 04:57 am:

I made the same connection RV.
The left hand threaded nut should be on the right hand spindle, the right hand threaded nut on the left side spindle.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration