View from the covered bridge, Contoocook NH-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: View from the covered bridge, Contoocook NH-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 08:09 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

That is really neat Herb.
Auto bridge has been replaced (obviously), but the covered RR bridge (out of sight to the left is still there), and the house in the distance, beyond the horses is still in use.
Another pic of the era, same town...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 09:20 pm:

These pictures are great ! Such a shame the covered bridge no longer exists, but then, I can think of scores of interesting historic structures in this valley that have been destroyed the past 50 years.

What a great sign !! "Overspeeding" !! The sign implies that 8mph is . . . speeding, but permissable speeding. I wonder if the car in the picture (what is it ??) is even capable of going that slow in high gear ? It would be great to know the years these pictures were taken.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 09:37 pm:

Great to see a photo from you Herb. Thank you for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 11:11 pm:

Yes,Those are great pictures!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 11:35 pm:

In the first picture, the car making the turn and looking like he is trying to get out of the way, appears to be a Franklin, probably about 1919. I have looked at it quite a bit, but I can't tell if it is a V-windshield Franklin or not. really neat cars!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 08:55 am:

Lived about 200 yards from the old bridge during the summer of 83.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 08:34 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 08:39 am:

Wow , has that landscape changed, and not necessarily for the better!

Thanks for those neat old pics Herb! I absolutely love covered bridges. And old pictures. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration