Has Anyone Seen...???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Has Anyone Seen...???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 08:17 pm:

Probably back in the late 1960s or early 70s it was a big thing around here to go to Audubon and travel films. They were usually 16mm films and the photographer traveled along with the film and narrated it as it was shown. The one I remember most was one about a couple of brothers who's family was in the logging business in the northwest part of the U.S. or western Canada. In the film, they found a Model TT chassis in the family junk pile and restored it into a camper. After building the camper body on it, they took it around the area noted above and the TT camper was used as a 'running gag" throughout the movie. As I remember it, the car had a rough "hillbilly" style wood body with a back porch. All I remember was that it was hilarious!!! It would have made a good program for a national convention or ??? I'd guess the brothers are long gone by now. Does anyone remember seeing such a movie? I thought it might be on YouTube but I haven't found it yet.
Verne Shirk
Wichita, KS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

As I remember it... They called it a one man porch. Cuz a second man on the porch would cause the front wheels to lift off the ground. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 10:21 pm:

I kinda remember that happening with the porch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 10:54 pm:

I have it on video but don't have the player anymore. I should get that thing transferred over to dvd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 11:03 pm:

What was the fellows mame?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

Vern, it isn't this truck is it?

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/797586.html?1507748872

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 11:33 pm:

Duey,
That's the TT that got me to thinking about the movie I saw. I remember that it had a back porch. I can't recall if it had a trailer. It was just too long ago!
Thanks!!!
Verne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 12:07 am:

Whoops. I missed the latter E in your name Verne. And I thought I pay attention to details. :-/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 06:47 am:

Verne, is this what you are looking for?

http://doncooperfilms.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 07:16 am:

Doug,
I'd have to think that's it!!! It was a travelogue, there were two brothers, and it was in the northwest.
Thank you!!!
Verne

And Duey, not a problem about the spelling of my name. I get the "silent e" dropped off of it a lot but I'll still come for dinner if called either way!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration