Long awaited photos of new engine for the 18

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Long awaited photos of new engine for the 18
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 10:39 pm:

So I promised photos but have been trying to figure out how to get decent sized photos to load onto this site for months now. I think I have it figured so here are some late photos of the engine project for my 18 roadster.

It is a wonder that the old engine ran at all, the oil line was plugged up to the front of the engine and the water jackets were mostly full of scale/metal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 10:50 pm:

A few more photos out and about. Cruises nicely at 35mph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 12:38 am:

Oh my!
Yep! You got the pics sorted out! :-)
A unit-powerplant installed!
The behind the windshield pics? Fantastic!
OK, how do you like the new engine/unit-powerplant? True question.
Beautiful.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 12:48 am:

very nice, well done

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 04:25 am:

YeeHaa !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 04:47 am:

Great looking Pickup, Like it !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 06:33 am:

Black balloon like

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 07:22 am:

Really like the "as found" look. The debris in there and the clogged oil line is a great reminder to not try running these old cars until you get in there to see what's up. Did you do any work on the rear end?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 08:27 am:

Looks great !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 09:46 pm:

Yes I like the engine now much better. Seems to have power and will start in about 1/4 on the mag.

Takes a bit longer when cold. Took it up a long hill on that drive and it moved along at a good clip in high then at the very top I switched the Ruxtel and the little truck did not even miss a beat. (no I did not let it lug). I have not done anything to the rear end except change the oil, installed new bearings, seals and shoes. shifts very well but leaks at the bottom when parked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

Before photo, forgot to post this. Yuck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 10:33 pm:

Please make sure your windshield is safety glass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 10:35 pm:

Sure is now. I replaced it just before I did the engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 07:35 pm:

That's a really nice pickup Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 08:44 pm:

Cool truck..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 06:53 pm:

Thank guys. Few more things to go and I think it will be done. Had some little kids in a parade recently tell me that my truck was "rusty" and that I need to paint it. Their dad said it was fine the way it was, don't change it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration