Hood top size

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Hood top size
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 06:52 pm:

I need a hood top only for a tractor project. Is the top the same for a low hood and a high hood??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 07:16 pm:

Tom, I don't think the hood tops are the same. High hoods are wider at the back where they meet the body. I don't have a low hood here to compare the two, but perhaps someone else will comment.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

Langs has measurements and drawings in their catalogue.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 08:14 pm:

Page 214....Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 08:34 pm:

thanks Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

Langs and rootlieb both have measurements
16-22 23-25 and 26-7
If memory servres 16-25 hoods have same radiouse but different widths

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 05:46 am:

Tom, if you are never going to fit side panels, the low hood top can be re-bent to follow the high firewall fairly easily. It will result in the hinge line going a bit uphill towards the rear.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration