Attention Moderator - Please Delete Lang's Thread

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Attention Moderator - Please Delete Lang's Thread
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 06:36 am:

Please delete the recent thread concerning Lang's as soon as possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 06:55 am:

Really?

While I don't agree with what was said in the original post, I think the responses were well handled. There is way too much "Delete this thread" mentality on here nowadays. I think the thread is overwhelmingly a positive for Lang's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 07:27 am:

Yes, really...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 07:41 am:

Agree with Tim and asked it be deleted earlier. Willis' post is absolute BS and Lang's doesn't deserve bad publicity because of his nonsense.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 07:44 am:

I agree with Hal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 08:07 am:

Ain't Democracy great?

So IF the Moderator deletes that thread, other folks will complain about censorship!

Just can't win some days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 08:12 am:

Willis has only told part of the story.

What weird part does he need and is it new or used?

Willis has no idea of the logistics involved with moving and displaying a truck load of parts 350 miles from home.

My association with Langs goes back to 1980, when I bought my first T and did not remember how to start or drive it.

Don was teaching school then, if I recall correctly, and his father, Herb, owned and was running the company.

They were a great help to me then and they have always been the greatest!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 08:12 am:

Consider the original post as a learning curve in experience.... True, the first call/comment should have been directly to the vendor/seller, the poster reacted as anyone would being enraged to what transpired.

As far as what we admit, I am of the opinion that some or most of us would have reacted the same being angry.....

Let this post and the responses be a learning curve.

Unclear to me if the original order was placed on-line, or by phone. No picture available of item ( per poster ) .... website ?, printed catalog?, .

If a customer had any questions about an item, those would be answered directly by phone by a business representative... as to the quality, condition, quantity, avalability or backorder status.

Phone ordering IMHO is best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 08:14 am:

Lang's is a business - they in no way earned the negative publicity inherent in the thread title. So for all the positive comments about Lang's within the thread, the title itself is unwarranted bad publicity. Needs to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 08:30 am:

For the record, Willis did post that he did call Lang's first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 08:44 am:

I've been dealing with Lang's for nearly 20 years now and know how they treat customers - which is superbly, consistently the best customer service in the business. This "complaint" and all claims associated with it have zero credibility in my book.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 08:46 am:

Because peopled are inclined to believe what they read and thrive on negativity is why the thread should be deleted.

Irregardless of what happened this forum is no place for bashing the great folks at Lang's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 08:46 am:

well the way I see it why should one parts company be exempt from negative comments and the rest be advertised on the forum. You are dealing with retail people thats what going to happen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 09:17 am:

Here is a suggestion......
IF YOU DONT LIKE LANGS...
DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN.
I have had many a good experience from them.
Just saying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 09:39 am:

Let's give people some credit for having brains enough to see that the OP in the Lang's thread had some unreasonable expectations to begin with. If Lang's had the part they would have shipped it. Simple as that. You can't ship what you haven't got and, since they depend on their suppliers, they are at their mercy.

As I read the Lang's thread, the overwhelming support of them sends a positive message about their service. No need to delete anything in my view. A good reputation will always prevail over nay sayers, without further need of rescue.

(I do appreciate Tim's support of Lang's however. Just believe that Lang's has come to their own, overwhelming defense by the very nature of their reputation.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 09:55 am:

I don't feel it should be deleted either. Aside from the original post it's pretty much solid praise and I'll lay you $5 when & if it's read by them (and they do read posts here) they'll try to make ammends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 10:41 am:

Can't believe anyone bet against you, Charlie B. !
If so, they lost...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 10:41 am:

Who is going to decide on the committee members given the option to have posts deleted and write up the format on what the committee decides they do not like? I never though I would see the day that free speech, whether one likes it or not, hit a forum with this age group of folks.
Wow.....just Wow.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 11:48 am:

Does free speech really apply here? Just wondering...

"Post for the good of the hobby"- bashing Lang's does not fit this criteria.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

Tim, if you read the thread, there is very little "bashing" going on, except maybe of Mac's. (big surprise there!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 12:24 pm:

I agree that Lang's has a well earned and deserved reputation for being the premier supplier of T parts. I have a vested interest in saying that because he is a dealer of mine but I knew him and his employees and family and bought from his company well before I made my first Model T part. Free speech is one of those things that you really don't want to screw with because if the climate changes to where people start to just think they SHOULD NOT speak out because it might upset somebody then that person has lost his right to free speech already. The key word is FREE. I think the post should stay because free speech won the day in my mind and free speech about another vendor might make that vendor NOT win the day. Lang's doesn't need protection from this sort of post but we should be outspoken for either side of this discussion if we have something to bring to that discussion. That is my take on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 01:12 pm:

David- the OP is not complimenting Lang's. The thread title is "Extremely disappointed in Lang's Parts Service!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 05:18 pm:

Tim, It's You that's overacting... We all read the post because we couldn't believe it to be true. Same with my local Chaffin guys. After reading all the comments it certainly gives outstanding support to Langs for their long time superb customer support.

I didn't see anybody crying to delete posts that were destructive to Mike Kossor's reputation in past posts. This is no time to start.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 08:54 pm:

Gene- I didn't over react. My thread was started well before all of the accolades were posted for Lang's. You're coming in a little late...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 09:27 pm:

I dealt with Langs had issues with them over the year especialy around hershey time.
Was never charged for a backorder until it ships
He didnt say what he ordered some parts they are just an outlet source for
Personaly read both threads felt it ok here.
Error is human but i hope all get corrected

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Derocher on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 10:06 pm:

I think it is getting to the part where we have to decide who is going to kneel, and who is going to lock arms. Like John said, "It's free speech". Everyone here knows that Langs are the best, Go out and work on your cars..JD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 11:55 pm:

I have nothing but GOOD WORDS when it comes to Langs. They have always been GREAT!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 12:06 am:

I wasn't gong to go there..... (is that a disclaimer?)

Don Lang and Lang's, in my opinion and experience, are unequaled as vendors, and for me, more importantly, as preservers of history (Don comes across, and moves along some of the most remarkable examples I've ever seen).

With that said, Willis is a longtime poster, and his posts have been informative and helpful. It's too bad he and Lang's (the vending company, not to be confused with Don and the many quality people who promote our hobby) are at odds. It's too bad this came to this forum, however, I suspect a few things will happen. It appears Ashley and ultimately Don will address this particular situation.

Meanwhile, I don't see any reason the thread should be deleted. We saw a complaint, from a longtime poster who has always been well received and helpful, as far as I know.

We also have the opportunity to hear from the many happy, even euphoric posters who use (like myself) and endorse Lang's.

That's what open forums are for in my opinion.

Thanks all for your input....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 01:02 am:

Lang's has provided me with nothing other than A+ customer service. In one order they sent me, a NH float needle was missing (seems it cut open the plastic it was sealed in and fell out before being packed). I phoned Lang's and they sent me a new one, no questions asked, free of charge.

I don't think Lang's is going to shut down operations just because one person expressed their displeasure with them...so why delete the thread?

And why call Willis' comments "absolute BS"? Ashley Lang admitted and apologised for a mistake that they made. The whole thread is actually very positive publicity for Langs, not negative.

It would be terrible for the hobby if Lang's or Chaffin's or SCAT shut shop, but that shouldn't mean we cannot or should not speak up if we're unhappy with them. As far as I'm aware, Bruce McCalley's book did not mention any Sacred Cows in the hobby.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration