Model T cane?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T cane?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 11:12 am:

I will, God willing, be able to walk again soon without a walker. I probably will need to use a cane for a while. I'm trying to think of someway to make myself a Model T cane. Maybe use a crank handle for the cane handle? Any other suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 11:18 am:

Maybe a foot pedal for the handle, and a couple of cam shafts for the shaft, and the cam timming gear for the base.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 11:24 am:

Tommy,

I have one that a fellow forum member kindly made for me. It's a work of art, with a Model T hubcap, (actually a Model N cap), at its top. Sorry, no photo available right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 11:58 am:

One side of a top bow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

An old steering shaft with the foot pedal would be light but durable?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 12:15 pm:

Tommy, I just use an old standard wood cane that is T period correct. That is when I need it (bad knee). For "fancy" I have a wood cane with a glass door knob on the top: "Diamond Dave-have cards, will travel" (I don't claim to play cards, or even shuffle them nicely!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

Use a spoke for the horizontal handle type of cane.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 02:49 pm:

I made one using a Model A door handle but can't find it. One using a T handle might look like this:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 04:03 pm:

Nice concept, Richard - maybe an early "bail" handle would be cool !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 05:13 pm:

Put a wheel on the bottom and it could be called the "Hurrycane"! :-)

Sorry just had to do that,:-)
I carry a cane in whatever I am driving and use it sometimes myself because of balance issues. Should use it more often but if I can plan my journey ahead enough to have a spot to stop and lean i am usually ok.Grocery buggies are wonderful walkers. I learned to despise those electric carts at Walmarts as them things are SO SLOW.:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 06:47 pm:

Sounds like a good use for a dodgy rear radius rod. The forked end would accept a wheel spoke modified to suit, and then just cut to length. Lighter than other suggestions.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Missett Wyoming, PA (NE) on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 10:43 pm:

A gentleman who stopped at my spots in the Chocolate Field was carrying one as described by Jerry VanOoteghem with a brass T hubcap on top and it was as he described "a work of art"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 11:22 pm:

I came up with three ideas...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration