Letter cars on TV - Murdock

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Letter cars on TV - Murdock
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 11:28 am:

My wife and I have been enjoying a Canadian TV show called "Murdock Mysteries." Police procedural with a twist, its set at the turn of the century, and apparently is the Canadian version of NCIS - its on all the time somewhere according to a friend from Toronto. The show frequently features historic figures like Tesla, Edison, Ford, and Twain. We get it through one of the streaming services like Acorn.

Anyway, several of the episodes have dealt with the introduction of the auto to Toronto and feature a nice set of early vehicles including a 1903 Ford Model A, curved dash Olds, and others I can't identify. One of the major characters even bought one with some of his co-workers, and is now partner in one of Toronto's first service garages. Most of the later shows from 2015/16 have the cars in most episodes. I wonder they're they're sourcing them from?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 04:57 pm:

I have managed to see a few episodes. It is occasionally on one of our local channels in the wee hours at night.
Not bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 08:49 pm:

Murdoch Mysteries is a great show. I sometimes watch it being filmed just blocks from my house. Most or all those cars are owned by one man not far from me. I won't identify him but he might chime in here. I have seen his 1903 Ford Model A a number of times. One of the cars is a Brush if I remember correctly. Real nice cars and owned by a great guy too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 10:51 am:

How cool is that!

They've had some interesting guest appearances too - Will Shatner playing Twain and I think one of the ex-PM's of Canada was on the show once. My wife and daughter both want Julia's wardrobe...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration