T era box? Wafur?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: T era box? Wafur?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 03:03 pm:

Found this and have no idea what it's storey is. Anyone know?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 03:05 pm:

The most important one didn't load I will work on it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 03:10 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 03:12 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

Original Model T Ford battery box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 03:23 pm:

I was wondering that.....Now to see if my friend is willing to part with it.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 03:25 pm:

What was the "E" for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 03:26 pm:

And any idea what date this would be from?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 03:26 pm:

Empty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 03:57 pm:

Wood battery case. The three battery "jars" that held the electrolyte fit in that case.

The wood battery case slips down inside an original dimension metal battery box. It will not fit into one of the current reproduction boxes available from the vendors.

Larry Smith occasionally fabricates some original dimension metal battery boxes. He does not reproduce the original dimension metal lid that fits onto the top of the metal box.

pic

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 04:19 pm:

Early version of one of these. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 12:09 am:

The rubber battery case that Dan posted was introduced in 1925, and used until the end. They support the lid real good, better than the wood battery case.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 11:02 am:

Ron, the wood battery case pictured above is not a battery box!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 11:06 am:

Ron, the wood battery case pictured above is not a battery box! The metal battery boxes I make are tested to an original wood battery case before I ship them. An original battery case will NOT fit in the current battery boxes available elsewhere. That is why I had to make them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 06:54 pm:

GROAN!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 07:24 pm:

Uh, If its not a battery box than what is it?!

I'd like to know because I have one like it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 08:27 pm:

Hi John,

I think that some, most, ALL(?), of the confusion comes from the words used to describe these artifacts.

The wooden box with it's metal handles and the rubber case are THE BATTERY without it's internal pieces.

The battery box is the protective metal enclosure which fits into the battery carrier and holds the battery.

I hope that this helps. Bill

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration