Two piece valves wanted.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Two piece valves wanted.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 04:45 pm:

I am trying to set up my 4 valve Rajo, I need 4 unserviceable 2 piece valves. They will be cut off and drilled out to fill void where original valves were under the head gasket. PM me for price and shipping. Thanks Sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 01:06 am:

Sorry Sam, for me, all of my two piece valves are in service making me happy. Waiting to come apart. ;-)
Bump. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 11:36 am:

He is using the valve head as support for the gasket between the head and block. My OP, this is not needed anyway. Plenty of overhead T's running without support there. Once the modified valve is there it would need to be locked in place to keep from shifting around when the head and gasket were installed. Besides, by time it was worked down to be level with the deck and a hole drilled for the push rod there would not be much left of the valve for support. Somewhere in the back of my gray cells I seem to recall seeing something about filling in the port and drilling a hole for the push rods, lead maybe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 10:29 pm:

I have supplied about 30 new copper shim head gaskets for the Rajo 4 valve cylinder head. Everybody seems to be happy with them so far

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 11:27 pm:

The 4 valve is a different animal than the other overheads. Blown head gaskets has been a problem with the 4 valve heads. There are several ways to support the gaskets. Using valve heads drilled for the push rods for gasket support, and pouring the ports full of lead and machining them flat as well as making a hole for the push rod to go thru are a couple of the fixes. I have a couple of Les Schubert's solid copper gaskets that I hope to use this fall with my four valve. The solid gaskets may not need the extra support. I know that Seth blew his head gaskets at least 2 times (maybe three) before he finally used the valve heads for support. I have not heard of any failures since then on his engine. Sam, send me an e-mail to dobro(at)artelco.com. I will look and see if I have anymore two piece valves. They are free, you pay shipping. Should fit in a small flat rate box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 12:26 am:

Donnie; Thank you for the information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 10:48 am:

Sam:
I wrote a brief description of a solution that I have used and had seen on several overhead T's in the past ( see your classified ad for 2 pc. valves) ...I think that pouring the valve ports solid and machining the material flush creates a simple durable gasket surface with very little effort ...also blocks off the port on the outside for appearance ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 10:26 am:

Thanks to all of you, and MTFCA forum, Les could you send me your contact information to get one of your
gaskets. Thanks Sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 10:59 am:

Sam
I sent you a PM

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration