Ruckstell Value

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ruckstell Value
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phillip Terry on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

I have a working unknown year small brake axle. Currently on a 26 Tudor ( I know a 26 should have a large brake drum, but that's how I got it) Any idea whats it is worth?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 08:40 pm:

I've seen prices from $700 to $1500. I paid $900 for one. I haven't dug into the guts yet to see what it needs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 12:03 am:

If it's worn out, it isn't worth much!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 11:48 am:

My OP for what it is worth; a worn out Ruckstell can still work. With unknown insides the value is what the stock rear end parts, the Ruckstell housing and selector housing is worth as parts. A lot of these were just cleaned and reassembled, done before much was published on how to do it right.
Why not just get the correct housings and radius rods and convert yours if you want to keep a Ruckstell, I thing that has been suggested before. This would also give you a chance to inspect your "guts", rather then redo someone else's mistakes.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration