Just returned from Detroit and Benson Library.....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Just returned from Detroit and Benson Library.....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 11:50 pm:

I had the good fortune to meet a couple of other Ford enthusiasts (and Early Ford people) at Benson Library this week. We looked through archives, violated noise limits, and were generally a pain for the wonderful staff at the library. And we found a few treasures. A few teasers (yes, these will become forum threads over the next several months...):

My august friends and academics....

Can you believe this body style made the front cover of a Ford Times?

Frank Kulick, one of Henry Ford's first five employees, drove Ford creations to records and national prominence between 1904 and 1912:

And of course, some of these:

Obviously, more to follow...... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 11:57 pm:

Looking forward to the further adventures of Rob, the K, and Frank K.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 12:56 am:

Thank you Wayne. You are a great friend and wonderful old car enthusiast....

I was in Detroit to send my K Roadster off to a professional Spa. We'll have it repainted, upholstery and mechanical work by Peter Fawcett in Canada over the winter. That means no Christmas videos of our K, or snow driving. Still, it will mean our K will be seen for years (God willing) for others to see what a bullet proof, incredible model the K was (and is).

Our K was on the trailer since the Glidden Tour, so had not been started until reaching Detroit. As a result, it took a lot of pulls to bring the 405 cubic inch engine to life. When she fires, the K is a force to be reckoned with.

Peter will paint, stripe, and perform many cosmetic improvements. He will also replace the original planetary gears, and balance the engine. I look forward to having our K Roadster run thousands of miles over the next many years. Meanwhile, I also look forward to our original mechanician, Dean Yoder, joining us for many tours as we show the world what a wonderful car the K is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5l861hd4ini0sh/Video%20Oct%2011%2C%203%2049%2004%20PM.mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 01:45 am:

Wonderful!
Take care my friend, and enjoy life. I know that you have earned it.

By the by, have you ever tried to spin the crank on that beast? Could be quite an experience.
Maybe I should delete that question? I wouldn't want to be responsible if you break something when it throws you over the back fence!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 05:42 am:

Rob,

I'm glad you had a good time at the archives. I'm looking forward to reading more about your "coming event/stories." And yes, once restored and sorted your K should be an ambassador for years and years to come.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 08:50 am:

Thank you guys. I think I'll begin on a new thread with attempting to dispel another Ford "legend." This one involves one of the photos above, from the early Model T era....

It's good to be back enjoying our Fords.......
Rob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration