Getting closer to fall/winter work season , Speedster project ...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Getting closer to fall/winter work season , Speedster project ...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 10:40 pm:

Im starting to get the urge to get back in the shop. Been trying to get everything ready to start back on the speedster project. I have till the day after Thanksgiving. Then Dad goes "off grid" till springtime. :-) I cleaned out the wood stove and have almost enough wood to last till spring. The oxygen/acetylene, and Mig CO2 bottles are full, Been steadily ordering from the vendors for all the parts I think Ill need, "happy days are almost here again" If you look closely you can see the "old girl" sitting inside the back door of the shop waiting for me to return. For those not sick of the speedster project, pictures and a real update to follow soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 11:39 pm:

Patiently waiting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 12:01 am:

Those are some awful big chunks. Don't you split them more than that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 12:28 am:

What Wayne said goes for me too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 05:03 am:

Steve, perhaps Donnie works on the same theory I do, the bigger the chunk, the slower the burn. Our eucalypt hardwoods need to be dry as chips to burn well, but when they are, the bigger pieces will burn longer.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 07:57 am:

Oh, you know I can't wait. I love watching builds of peoples cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 08:11 am:

Steve, I thought I had split it too small. I split the wood for the shop a lot smaller than I do for the wood furnace that heats the main house. My rule is "if I can pick it up, and it will fit thru the stove door, that is good enough" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 08:34 am:

I have been looking forward to your winter Speedster updates as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 09:05 am:

Looking forward to them as well. Build series as well as drive videos are how I get my fix :-)

Back in the 70's-80's I had a Greenwood (eagle model) wood stove. It would take 4 foot by 15" diameter green logs. The stove was lined with refractory plates inside making it burn so hot there wasn't any creosote build up. Made the prep time for the 8 cords we went through each season a breeze :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 11:22 am:

I'm not sure how to tell when it's winter project season here in Florida. My T project will be to raise the ceiling in my workshop by nine inches. There is less then one inch of clearance between the top of the T and the ceiling. If it wasn't the improved car, I'd have to put the top down to get it in.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration