Tires

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Tires
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Finchum on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 11:10 pm:

Anybody having trouble getting tires from any of the suppliers? I've had a tire on order from Langs since Mid-August. Apparently they are on the slow boat from China. I did get one from Snyder's that was from Vietnam, and that was the last one they had. Is China and Vietnam the only ones making tires for Model T's. I can only guess what the back log is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 11:24 pm:

Carl, the quality control department in Viet Nam is having trouble with getting enough staff to pre-chew the liquorice they use to make their tyres. If it is not chewed correctly, for a sufficiently long time, the tyres will show cracking within a couple of years. Many have seen these results.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 12:09 am:

Allan is only partly kidding. All the clincher tires do come from Vietnam. Some of the tubes come from China, and some are from Europe. If the Model T parts dealers are running short, try the tire companies: Lucas, Coker, Universal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 12:26 am:

I recently bought a pair of tires from Lucas (600X20) for a TT and had them the next day. They also came with "made in Vietnam" decals. They have been mounted for two weeks and haven't split or cracked yet. So far so good! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 12:29 am:

I use Lucas Tire in Long Beach Ca. I ordered a set of tires and they were delivered the next day.

I think there is a Lucas Tire somewhere in the middle of the U.S.A. The tires were made in Viet Nam but look just the older ones made in U.S.A. For the amount of driving I do, the last as long as I want them. I haven't had a flat tire yet on any of my T's.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 12:48 am:

Lucas used to have a location in Ohio, but now they're only in Long Beach. I should mention that their 30 x 3 white Firestones are half price for a reason. Those are NVOS (New Very Old Stock) and should be used only for display. Driving on actual roads will eat them up PDQ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 08:24 am:

There seemed to be no shortage of tires at the Coker & Universal booths at Hershey. But then I was interested in 4.50 x 21, don't know what they had in 30 x 3-1/2.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 08:49 am:

Coker had 2 black 30X3-1/2 driver clinchers for $20 more than anyone else and the rest had none. They blamed the hurricane on delaying the cargo ship from Vietnam. The excuse was that they were sitting in Newark awaiting customs clearance. I had hoped to pick up tires at Hershey to save shipping but that was not to be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Harris on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 08:56 am:

universal only had universal rib tires at Hershey coker had only 2 firestones for $189.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration