FJ - How To Determine Antique Car Value Quickly ..... :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: FJ - How To Determine Antique Car Value Quickly ..... :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 05:49 am:

This might be what you need ...... :-)

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 07:24 am:

That would work for old tractors if you add
It ran when parked

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 07:55 am:

That was a good Saturday morning laugh. Thanks Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 08:09 am:

"Running when parked" is what I say to my wife and kids every time we see a run over animal on the road.

They laughed at it.....the first 75 times I said it.

Now they just stare at me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 08:14 am:

You make my smile Jim :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 08:26 am:

Sounds likes descriptions of some of the gems in my parts department. I'll have to keep this descriptive list in case I ever decide to market this antique car fleet. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 09:42 am:

Dan, what are you EVER gonna do with those? :-)

FJ...great post, good for a smile. I clipped it out and put it in my files for future reference/laughs!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 09:55 am:

Dan, is that red one a rare " cab over car"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 10:05 am:

When someone asks if it is for sale, say yes and give them a very high price. If they give you a bid. The amount of the bid is what it's worth. However, you might need to do this more than once to get a bid! :-)
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 10:39 am:

Funny as hell FJ...And unfortunately true too often. Looks old. Any ideas on that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 10:33 pm:

How much would you sell it for?

I say $1.00 more than the highest offer.

Once a kid took out a dollar and I said "one dollar more than that?
He then took out another dollar and I said "one dollar more than that"
Finally he got the message!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 11:20 pm:

Charlie,

I found that on the Facebook page of my dear friend Louis Mandich Jr. who owns Last Chance Garage in Unionville, PA.

So I stole it from Louie ..... :-)

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 12:00 am:

Sometimes, you just have to stand your ground against all those pesky people wanting to buy your stuff. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 09:54 am:

Dallas it is, it's a one off, extremely rare and of course very valuable. Might be talked into selling it if offered an extremely high price for it. Investments like this don't come along very often. Act now as I have another very interested party coming to look at it, you don't want to miss out on this one. Just think you could be the fifteenth or sixteenth owner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 10:00 am:

Dan,I need the coolant reservoir cap from that black Lincoln if it still has it. :-) little red plastic cap with a ring on it to retain it to the tank. Seriously,the parts stores around here,even when shown where it goes and what not, have no idea what to call it and it won't show up on the computer.
By the way, the county I live in says this car is worth 6500 bucks.

Got a tax bill and license plate renewal the other day for my 66F100, 6800 bucks. It is a total rust bucket,I can see the road around the gas pedal rod! I have a appointment with the tax assessor tuesday at 11 am.
This is the second time i have had to do this. Every so often they "reevaluate" and just sock a book value on everything and hope no one pays it any attention!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 10:53 am:

Mack, I have a few of these in my "parts department". I will check, hopefully one will still have it, if so I will send it to you. Your car looks good. I have had a few of these,one with three hundred and fifty thousand miles before I stopped driving it, it was a 72 and the most comfortable car I have ever owned. All were excellent cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

Tim, I use them for parts and sell some. They are invaluable restoring the cars I have, especially the 56 I'm doing now. All the yards that had these are now gone when the price of scrap went so high a while ago. I bought this farm in 1974, then put a wanted ad in the local paper, wanted old Fords and Mercs 56 and older. Their were a lot of them sitting around at the time I got a lot of them for towing them away. I ended up with about 75 0f them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 12:24 pm:

John I saw one like the truck in your picture the guy told me I could have it if I could get it out without damaging the Pecan tree that was growing through it! I can weld but not that good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 02:44 pm:

There is a 65 chevy pickup just up the road with a oak tree growing where the engine was. It would be a job to get it out.My 62 Ez-go golf cart had a 8 inch tree thru it. I cut it down and it was going to be cut for fire wood once I got the cart off the stump.

Sadly,within gun shot range of where i am sitting there is a entire running gear and chassis of a 28 chevy with trees growing thru it. I have been letting them know off and on for years I want it whenever they decide to get rid of it. The man passed away and it was a parts car for his second wifes car. I doubt she has a use for it now in her 70's. I might check on it again in a few months. I have a rebuilt engine and transmission i could stick right in it.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 05:30 pm:

I love it! The best is the first line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 03:49 pm:

Mack, one of the Lincoln's still had the reservoir cap you need. Send me your address and I will mail it to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

Thanks for checking Dan,I sent you a email with the addy.
It might go in the canned meat filter so check there."spam" filter. :-)

Oh and I managed to get the 6800 bucks value back down to 2000. :-) on the ol F100.
Guy was taking pictures of all the rust and finally just stopped and said,"will 2000 be ok"/

Yea,that will work.

Hey FreighTer Jim thanks for starting this thread,I have been hunting that silly cap for going on 4 years. It somehow got lost when i cleaned the car up real good to drive to my 30th class reunion. There was only 2 of us that drove the same car to the reunion that we drove to school. Hum,the 35 years reunion will be coming up. Dang i am gittin old!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

Dan's the Man,got the part today and it cleaned up nice and fit like a glove! Thank you sir!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 06:55 pm:

Hey Mack !

Glad something good came from this thread .....

FJ

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration