What cam is in your TT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What cam is in your TT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

What grind cam is in your TT and why?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 06:22 pm:

I have no clue what grind my cam is, but I suspect it's a stock cam for the '23 engine that's in it. It's an interesting question though. Folks who talk cam grinds are typically looking for higher performance. In a TT I suppose higher performance is mostly a state of mind. The darn things are geared so low you can almost drive it with the starter motor. My engine runs OK, but a little tired. It works fine in a TT. In a speedster it would be a disappointment.

Just my $0.02 worth. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 06:36 pm:

Bone stock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 12:53 am:

Bone stock

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 06:26 am:

I am using a stipe 280. That is just what I did when I built the motor. Higher compression pistons, stock head, higher volume intake, 5:1 gears and overdrive auxiliary. Why? Just because that seemed like a reasonable package. To really know much, it would take dyno time to see what improvements in torque and hp it made and possibly “tune” it. Someone here recently talked of changing the cam timing to get more torque using this cam, if I recall. I don’t have much to offer other than guessing on a motor package when I rebuilt it and doing it because it seemed like it had to be some improvement and I was replacing those parts anyway. I am still learning so I have some room to grow while getting the drivetrain cleaned up and see if it is enough “motor” to pull higher speeds in the less than aerodynamic body. Not sure if this helps at all. TS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 03:48 pm:

Like the others said, mine is bone stock. It was rebuilt before I got it, back in about 1970, & it had new babbitt poured, etc. and it runs good.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 07:54 pm:

Stock, actually it is the exact cam that came out of it, no regrind or nothing.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration