Location 26 pickup Light

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Location 26 pickup Light
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 10:29 pm:

I want to mount my rear tail light with a frame mount but need to know the light bracket mounting location. I have obtained a bracket and looks like some holes center rear cross member. It was rusted and a backing plate was installed and do not see any correct hole locations. I do not want to drill holes in the left fender. Thank you for any help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 09:42 am:

Eck
Here are some photos that may help.
The left rear fender holes were plugged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 10:40 am:

Eck, the pickups were the only car chassised T's to use the frame mounted bracket. The roadster and coupe, used the driver's fender mount. Ron's above information is probably very correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 07:04 pm:

Eck, this is a fairly rare part. As promised, here are some photos from my commercial pickup taken a few minutes ago. Let me know if you want measurements.

rear subframe... click refresh to view rear subframe... click refresh to view

tail light... click refresh to view tail light placement... click refresh to view

Please ignore that left rear, the wheel is off for repair. This is an original, never restored 1927 T Pickup. The Brake light goes on the subframe to which the bed is mounted. You will not have to drill the frame as the car frame is not involved in the tail light set up. Even though I have an original tail light I am using a Rube Goldberg tail light set up which gets the lights up where a following vehicle has a better chance of seeing them. I combine this with a reflective license plat and reflective caution tape and reflectors on the tailgate. So far I have only been tail-ended by one car, a 1919 T Ford Coupe with a broken Ruckstell: daytime and had nothing to do with lights!

Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 07:27 pm:

Eck,

You may want to clarify if your car has the starter & generator and used the electric tail lamp or if it is a magneto only and used the oil tail lamp?

I don't know if it makes a difference on the Pickup Truck or not. But for the 1925 and 1926 roadster and touring cars the bracket for the non-generator oil lamp equipped cars was different from the bracket used on the 1925 Generator Ts and the 1926 Generator Ts. I don't have my price list of parts book unpacked so it may have been different on the earlier Ts also -- but 1925 and 1926 I recall it was different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 08:30 pm:

I have a 26 Roadster pickup but the frame probably started as an auto. Not sure due to lady I purchased from , her husband died and she did not know about his toys. My truck has a full electrical system. I purchased the tail light bracket from Lang's and looks like the pickup light bracket in the above photos. The hole pattern and the dimensions from the photos are a life saver. Thank you all for the help. I'm in the process of re installing the rear end due to the inner thrust washer failure and the ring gear bolts were wearing a place on the housing. Now on to break re line, and hooking up the tail light. Thank you all for the photos and info. This is my first T and re build.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 09:17 pm:

Amazing to me, is what that frame bracket cost. Going to need one but I'll wait to find one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

It was pricey but very nice quality. I just did not want to drill my finders.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration