Swap meet treasures

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Swap meet treasures
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 06:10 am:

Today was the Strathalbyn Swapmeet and I found these treasures.

The manifold is one of the scarce cast iron ones made in the same moulds as the alloy ones. The little convex mirror attaches around the switch body on my accessory Appleton spotlight.
The rotary leather punch is by P Lowentraut of New Jersey. It is much nicer than my hobby one.

This is the real treasure.

The badge was made by Stokes of Melbourne. They are makers of renown. The interesting thing is the T radiator shape. As the Ford factory in Geelong was not opened until 1926, the badge is a very early piece.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 09:06 am:

The hole in the manifold is for one of those accessory water injectors that boost your mileage to 200 mpg. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 09:07 am:

Allan,

Nice finds! Especially the Geelong Plant badge!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration