Woody Seats

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Woody Seats
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Saniewski Denville NJ on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 08:38 am:

I would like to put seats in the back of my Canopy express. Can someone tell me where I can get the metal hardware that is used in a woody wagon? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 01:12 pm:

My hack was made by Cantrel in Huntington NY and came with one rear seat. I used that as a model to fabricate a second sear to comfortably sit six adults. Cantrel ran a bracket down each side of the body and essentially hung the seat off of that bracket in such a way that the seat can be moved fore and aft to make room for cargo or a second rear seat. It is a very simple but effective set up and the parts can easily be fabricated using flat bar stock if you have access to an acetylene torch for bending. I do not know of any source for ready made hardware but one of the hack builders might have a source.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Saniewski Denville NJ on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 05:45 pm:

Val, could you send me a few pictures of your Hack? Then I can try to make them myself. unionhill@optonline.net Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 05:58 pm:

My original Mifflinburg hack has a rail down each side to hang the rear seats.

The seats can be easily removed or adjusted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 08:30 pm:

Ed, I am away now but when I get back home later this week I will take some pictures and send them to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Carrico on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 11:00 pm:

I kind of like these, Mifflinburgs, they look like they might have some hinges(piano?) and they could fold up out of the way. the "hardware" above mostly seems to be strap steel. The tailgate step is also a nice touch

You might also want to check out a coach shop catalog like Witmers (of course they are Amish so there is no web site, but they do have a phone) they have some cast folding seat backs that might be useful, and various hinges that might be of use.

I was going to make seats like those above, but since my kids are so young I think some old school bus seats may get pressed into service for now, they have integral seat belts which will be good until they get a bit older.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration