$9.99 Motometer for a ''T'' filler neck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: $9.99 Motometer for a ''T'' filler neck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 06:24 am:

I just looked at the motometer thread, but since mine's NOT mounted on a T I didn't want to cause any ugly comments so I started my own thread. Warning given, LOL! I purchased a sad, burned and melted full-sized Motometer on eBay a year or so ago. Long, long ago when the car it was on was scrapped the scrappers torch must have melted the lower part of the housing. Anyway no one else wanted this thing so I decided to give it a go. $9.99 later it was mine. I decided to grind the shank down so I could cover it up. A large brass plumbing nut notched to fit up under the center body was the ticket. The glass retaining rings are brass, so I removed the nickle plating on them and the screws. For the base I had some brass plumbing caps I had ordered from England for an engine project. I sanded and polished a cap, drilled it for the shank of the Motometer. I had a cast-brass ''T'' radiator cap which I cut the threads off of and then pressed these threads onto the bottom of my plumbing cap. I installed a ''t'' filler neck on my truck and a little brass polish later a nice Motometer....$9.99 and a little time. Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 06:29 am:

A couple finished pics...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 06:42 am:

Oh heck....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 08:13 am:

Sweet! Nice work...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 08:17 am:

Looks great Gary !! BTW, I love your recreations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 11:02 am:

Excellent. -Very creative.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 12:05 am:

Gary, that's a nice way to use what you have!
Looks good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 07:56 pm:

Did you bring your car to the Cotton Ginning days last weekend?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 02:11 pm:

There are some people that can fall in a tube of STINKY STUFF and come out smelling like a big bunch of roses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

Mack I sure did!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

Bill I did have to WORK my way out....lol!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 02:46 pm:

I was there with my Grey Gardeneer crawler tractor and Planet Jr. I was riding a GE Electrac. I looked over you folks replicas. There was a older guy I used to talk to with that group I didn't see this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 02:51 pm:

Yeah I had the Red 1910 REO diesel truck. Had a great time. Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 04:09 pm:

Wow, and all this for only 10 bucks! Very cool indeed!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration