Passing of Sherman Wetherbee

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Passing of Sherman Wetherbee
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 07:34 am:

For the people who remember my father Sherman from his “semi-retirement” years working for Don Lang, I wanted to pass along the sad news of his passing away on October 1st.

Sherman’s love of sharing his knowledge and time with anyone interested in antique cars will be missed by many. His favorite thing was going to car shows and giving free rides in his 1914 touring car named Mrs. Vickery (some of you may remember this car was formerly owned by Bill Eads) to any kids and parents that were interested.

Here’s a link to the obituary:

http://www.roneyfuneralhome.com/book-of-memories/3215282/Wetherbee-Sherman/servi ce-details.php

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 08:09 am:

Mark, please accept my sincere condolences and prayers for you and your family. Never easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 11:47 am:

Wow, very sad to learn this. Always enjoyed talking with Sherm on the phone - he was so helpful. I once sold him some early glass slides showing Model T advertising and he was so glad to have them. He sure enjoyed Model Ts and his hobby and was a real treasure. We knew Miss Vickery very well and Bill was also a real friend in the hobby. Not sure exactly what became of that car, but I do believe Bill's daughter has kept the 1925.
Rest is peace old friends-
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

My condolences.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Barcelona area (Spain) on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 03:39 pm:

Mark, my condolences to you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ashley Lang on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 07:39 pm:

Sherm was always a legend when he worked at Lang's. I never got the pleasure of working with him directly but we chatted often and loved his spirit and you of the hobby. He will be greatly missed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willard Revaz on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 08:07 pm:

Mark and Family,
Always enjoyed chatting with your dad and meeting him at the “Chicken Run”. He will be missed. Condolences to you and your family. RIP Sherm.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration