Need some help in Hayward CA area please

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Need some help in Hayward CA area please
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 03:01 pm:

I will gladly pay for some help in shipping something from Hayward CA to western NC. Contact me by pm or phone or text 828-726-7664, Tom. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 07:25 pm:

I bought a set of top bows and sockets for our '21 Touring in Hayward CA. The seller shipped them by Greyhound bus. It's been interesting tracing the package. It left Hayward on 11/1 and went to Oakland. Then it went to Los Angeles and next to Phoenix. After a stop in Dallas, today 11/9, it arrived in Atlanta GA. It will eventually reach Charlotte NC. I live about an hour from Charlotte which is the closest Greyhound terminal, so I will have to drive to Charlotte and get it. I hope the trip has not been hard on them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 07:28 pm:

Thanks Ed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 07:32 pm:

Did you check with Fastenal or other shippers? Man I hope you get your stuff in one piece. Please let us know..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 08:54 pm:

I didn't even know the grey dog stopped in Hayward.
I checked,, it stops six long blocks from my house.
I always had good, quick service from then, but have not used the in many years.

The last time I rode a Grey Hound I was going home from the Army.
They left me 12 miles from my home town at 4AM.
I stood in the doorway until 6AM when the local cab company started answering their phone.
Good thing it was summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 09:24 am:

My bows seemed to have stalled in Atlanta GA. Tracking says they left Atlanta Thursday afternoon 11-09. Next stop should be Charlotte. I will probably get the notification and go get them tomorrow, Monday 11-12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 06:18 pm:

Just to clarify things here, and please don't take this the wrong way I'm not upset with anyone, these are just facts. I want to be sure we're all on the same page. I ran the ad in the MTFCA classifieds and I since I don't have the time to deal with packing, shipping, etc. the ad stated "buyer arranges and pays for shipping, I'll deliver to the shipper". Tommy replied to my ad and then asked for any suggestions on shipping. I checked with FedEx and their quote was close to $200.00. Tommy suggested checking with Greyhound and their quote was $80-90.00 so we decided to go with Greyhound. The next step was packing which I had to buy boxes for and was able to put 2 together to make one good one, and then of course, the easy part, deliver it to Greyhound. The woman there, very helpful said that it would probably take 4 days to arrive. Beyond that I gave Tommy all the shipping info. and didn't keep track. I'm sure that everything will end okay, just took longer than reasonable.

Ed aka #4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 07:48 pm:

Ed, I meant no ill will or disrespect to you. I am not upset with Greyhound either, yet. If the bows get to me undamaged all will be well. I just thought it interesting the number of stops and the route taken. I wondered why it was taking so long for them to get from Atlanta to Charlotte. Now tracking shows they left Atlanta and went to Jacksonville FL. Even if it takes a few more days for them to get here, I should be able to have the top on in time for the Christmas parade. If not we will drive it topless.The car, not us. Again I meant no offence to you Ed. Thank you for working with me on the sell/purchase.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 08:34 am:

Tommy:
Just like Judge Judy says..... just the facts, no third party he said-she said, or opinions...just the facts.

I don't have a dog in this, but you opted to do the cheap on shipping, now you are complaining ?????

Fact.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 10:28 am:

Bob: Tommy isn't complaining, he's just stating the facts. And it's also interesting for others who may be interested in shipping parts - the woman at Greyhound thought it would take four days, instead it takes weeks/months. Noted.
Thanks, for the update Tommy - hope you're eventually getting your parts before the parade :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 03:07 pm:

We got our top bows today. I would probably ship with Greyhound again. Just remember California to North Carolina takes 16 days. They package arrived in good condition so all is well here.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration