RIP Tom Moore of Gardner, MA

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: RIP Tom Moore of Gardner, MA
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 10:09 am:

Over the weekend I heard that Tom Moore of Gardner, MA passed away last Friday - his health had not been the best over the last couple of years. Tom worked at Lang's years ago as a service tech and many on here may remember him from his time there. Tom was also a legendary speedster guy - at least in this neck of the woods. His knowledge of Model Ts, speed secrets, period speed technology and early racing history was encyclopedic. On numerous occasions, Tom helped me out with both parts and advice; he was incredibly generous with his time and his parts stash. A visit with Tom was always entertaining - filled with anecdotes, history lessons and a bit of wry comedy. It was also punctuated with multiple exhortations to "forget the doodlebugs and build a speedster....I'll get you started. Go out back to one of my sheds, grab a frame, a front end and a rear end...." Rest in peace Tom - you'll be missed.

http://www.mackfamilyfh.com/obituaries/Thomas-Moore-34/#!/Obituary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 10:29 am:

Yes, a very helpful soul he was.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 10:37 am:

Oh, this just breaks my heart. I worked with Tom at Lang's and he was a Prince of a Man, extremely knowledgeable, and just a hoot to work with. He had likely forgotten more about Model Ts than most of us will ever know. We are diminished.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ashley Lang on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 11:30 am:

Lang's Old Car Parts is deeply hurt by the loss of Sherm and Tom. Tom Moore was an amazing man to work with and a great Model T guy. He has been with Lang's since the very beginning. I have heard stories of when Jim Lang was a little boy and Tom working at Lang's when it was in the basement of the house in Ashburnham, to stories of the days he flew airplanes and all the stuff he did with Model T's He always had a history question for me every day we worked together. He was a great man to work with and a good friend and Model Ter. Lang's will miss him greatly.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration