Aluminum Warford transmission question.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Aluminum Warford transmission question.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 03:22 pm:

I was offered a Warford aluminum case transmission but it needs a bearing that is no longer available. Anyone have parts for these transmissions? The bearing is on the front shaft that has a tapered roller bearing on the outside and a tapered shaft on the inside. Thank You for all help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 05:26 pm:

There was one on Ebay available. you might send a question to the seller.
It is possible to do some machining and change to a bearing that's easier to get.

I also saw a post quite a bit ago that somebody said the bearing WAS available. I'm not sure if that brng will work from a cast iron one or not Some parts are interchangeable.

Good Luck and let us know how you make out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Rogahn - Davisburg, MI on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 07:04 pm:

The tapered bearing from the cast iron warfords are bigger, so you are right Gene... Some parts are interchangeable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 07:25 pm:

I believe there are differences internally with the aluminum warfords and are not interchangeable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 09:49 pm:

Chadwick, Is your early and late the same ratio? The large adjusting nut for the later Alum is the same as a CI one I found out. There is a difference between the earlier and later Alum ones but that nut is the only thing I have found so far.

You can see the different serial #'s of mine on prior post.

Glad to see an oil level!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration