OT EBAY searches

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT EBAY searches
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 07:47 pm:

Here we go again. I had a search "advance" that I used for several years. It allowed me to view all cars from 1909 to 1927. EBAY eliminated that capability. I then manually grouped a search by selecting cars/trucks and then put the years in the from/to boxes: from 1909 to 1927. That required extra steps compared to the old advance search but it worked. Now that capability doesn't exist!!!! I am very unhappy!!!!! Additionally, there is no way to make a comment to EBAY.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 08:22 am:

I use Model T Ford and Flathead Ford for V8s both work fine most of the time. Every now and then they play with the system and things get screwy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 08:44 am:

Enter model t Ford as your search in ebay motors. Then pick cars and trucks in the column to the left. Then a graph appears that allows you to enter the range of years to search. Enter1909-1927. Hit find results.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 09:03 am:

you may also wish to check number of cylinders 4 to dispose of the hot rods in Ed's search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Sullivan, Powell WY on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

Ebay several years ago eliminated the wild card search, to the annoyance of sellers who sold highly specialized items (they thought the loss of this ability caused them to recede into the fog of thousands of new parts). For example, I had a 1956 Ford, so I used to be able to search B6TZ* and get all NOS Ford items for trucks that began with those letters (... the asterisk is a variable meaning give me anything after those letters) No more.

Here is a new term to throw around at parties; long tail search. Not as good, but useful

"Ford F100" (1956, 56, NOS, truck, pickup, parts) -lowering

This will return an exact match for "Ford F100, plus any of the terms within the parens, and exclude the term "lowering" in the hopes of eliminating the thousands of parts made for Ford truck using a Crown Victoria suspension, and therefore diminish hot rods a bit.

You can still, with more limited success, use Google to search Ebay:

B6TZ* site: ebay.com

Will get some, not all but some, more focused results

Please do not use this suggestion against me in your searching for hard to find T parts ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 07:21 pm:

The thing is, while I have three T's I also have a Marmon and a great interest in most cars in the age of 1909 to 1927. We now must be selective and search individually each auto by name. Why can't they leave things alone when they add "new and better" things that they think people in the trade would like. What do the NERDS know about what we want??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry knouse on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 09:05 am:

After you click on advanced, go to upper left and click on cars trucks Date range option should appear. Worked for me this morning after I accidentally unpinned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 09:38 am:

Jerry, They (EBAY) must have read my comments in the forum. We now have the search back. Hit EBAY motors, the from to years show up. That ability was missing for several days.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration