Interesting new partner for the Henry Ford - GM

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Interesting new partner for the Henry Ford - GM
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 10:57 am:

What we used to call co-opetition, and its a good thing...

The Henry Ford officials on Tuesday announced a $5-million donation from perhaps the most unlikely of sources: Ford Motor Company rival General Motors. "Needless to say, there were a few raised eyebrows in that room."

From this mornings Hemmings Daily

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 02:01 pm:

I suppose when it comes to GIVING money away, GM making a large donation to what was a Ford entity may be a bit different.
GM and FoMoCo cooperated on bunches of things.
Lincolns used GM Hydramatic transmissions for a number of years. GM three speed manual transmissions they referred to as Dearborn Transmissions were Ford.
I had a Torino that had a Rochester Quadrajet carb when I was a kid.
Ford put Detroit Diesels in trucks.And the list goes on.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 02:58 pm:

Donation for what please?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

>>> http://www.dbusiness.com/daily-news/Annual-2017/General-Motors-Donates-5M-to-The -Henry-Ford-in-Dearborn/

What a wonderful thing to do!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 08:38 pm:

That's great! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration