Coast To Coast Update Please

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Coast To Coast Update Please
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 09:54 am:

Has anyone heard if Tim Moore has ever got his 1920 Coast to Coast Traveling T to England yet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 10:02 am:

James,

I transported Timís T for free from Seattle to Long Beach, CA where Kim Dobbins graciously offered to store it until Tim found passage.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

After the way he was treated a couple of weeks ago, I wonder if we will ever hear from him again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 01:12 pm:

Hal,

I'm hoping he's not painting us all with the same brush.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 01:28 pm:

It's still in my back yard, waiting to get picked up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 05:25 pm:

OK, I missed it, what was said a couple of weeks ago, or what's the thread's title?? I hope he stays a T driver!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 09:27 pm:

David - you didn't miss anything except some of the nastiness that has become all too common on this Forum. Bitter, unwarranted comments and ad hominem attacks from a self-righteous malcontent. The Coast to Coast threads were the highlight of the 2017 postings and, like you, I hope the gentleman who made them possible stays a T-driver.

Jerry - I think Tim saw enough of the rest of the T community during his adventure not to paint everyone with the same brush.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

I believe he will continue to be a T driver.
I had asked Tim sometime in C to C 3 or 4 or so, IF he liked that T.
He piped back at me that he loved it!
And the fact he will have it shipped back home... :-) Ya figure he'll use it at book signings? I would.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 11:13 pm:

He spent the last day with us waiting for FJ to pick up the t. He was overwhelmed with the kindness and thoughtfulness of those he met in the US.

He could not express enough how so many did so much for him to achieve his goal. He was pleased with the car and the results of his adventure.

While he will not be reacquainted with his T for a while, he will be storing it at his fathers for a while. When the winter weather shrugs off, his intention is to get the Ford out for a run or 2.

When his book is in print those of us that helped him along the way may just see our name in print!!!!!!

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 11:19 am:

I delivered Tims car to the shipper yesterday so it should be on its way to Tim soon. The shipper had never seen a car that old and seemed very interested in getting it on its way quickly. Judging from the number of car sitting on their lot and way there all crammed in there, I hope that's true!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 11:22 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 11:39 am:

So what was in your trailer when you left the yard KD ?

I see several promising possibilities .....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 06:01 pm:

I'll take the '56 Lincoln! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 06:42 pm:

How fast can You pull it in a open trailer, before the top becomes a drag chute?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 06:56 pm:

I think perhaps some of those vehicles have been sitting there since they were new ....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 10:22 pm:

The Lincoln got unloaded while I was waiting to unload tims car. The yard guy unloaded it with a fork lift, better then a Laurel and hardy routine. I would be looking elsewhere for shipper.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Moore on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 07:16 am:

Hello there! I've dumbly had my last Coast to Coast thread sitting open as a tab in Google, in case anyone posted on it - now thanks to Paul Griesse I've just found this one. All of which means I've completely missed out on the bitter nastiness referred to above! (Despite my deep curiosity I haven't been able to unearth it...)

A billion thanks to Kim for putting up with my car for all this time and trailering it to the docks (fingers crossed the shippers get it here in one piece, Kim's reports haven't filled me with confidence). And to Jim for taking it down to Kim's from Seattle. And to Howard, and to everyone else who helped, encouraged & accommodated me along the way.

I'm writing the book up, at this stage it always seems an impossible mountain to climb. Deadline is end of March, which I'll struggle to meet.

No word yet from the shippers on arrival dates. Will keep you all posted!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 11:18 am:

Didn't mean to scare you Tim, I unloaded your T all myself, and ask the attendant when it would go out and he said he would put in the paperwork right away. I'll drive by there Friday and check to see if it's still there. Kim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 05:53 pm:

Tim, has your Model T made it to England yet?

Do you know where it might be now?

Ships might not have tracking data.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Moore on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

Will apparently be arriving on December 13th!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 01:13 pm:

A happy reunion I hope!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration