Identification needed- T hub flanges?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Identification needed- T hub flanges?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 11:45 am:

I've got a couple of these. They fit nicely on the outside of a standard T hub. They are approximately 1/16" thick. What are they?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 11:57 am:

As the spoke imprint suggests, you have the disc upside down. Apparently, the fingers are meant to go between the spokes. Just why would be the mystery. Some imaginary benefit to that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 12:17 pm:

Jerry- that was my first thought, and assumption. I put it this way just to show the fit. But because of the taper on the spoke, the fingers on these pieces don't fit between the spokes. I hope that makes sense (knowing a photo would explain it all).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 12:28 pm:

Chris,
They go with the fingers pointed up or out and have a brass cap that covers the hub. An accessory item that was sold to dress up the hub.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 12:29 pm:

Well shoot... Hmmm, maybe not for a T? Whatever the case, it's interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

Part of the assembly for steel spoke wheels?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 01:21 pm:

Layden is correct. They are for s steel spoked accessory wheel like the ones made by Atlas Wheel company, commonly referred to as PG&E wheel. They had two styles for that sheet metal plate. One has a squared off edge like the one you have and the other has a more rounded edge. I have the more rounded set on my speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 01:25 pm:

Neat! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

Very interesting! Thank you all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

Three of the 4 wheels on this set have the squared edge like yours. This set is currently on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-Tubular-Steel-Wheels-Speedster-Depot-Hack- Race-Car-Ruckstell-/122160025129?hash=item1c714e0e29:g:tXcAAOSwNRdX7k3g&vxp=mtr

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration