27 Coupe Glass & Trunk lid

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 27 Coupe Glass & Trunk lid
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

Hello:
I was wondering if someone could answer a couple questions I have regarding a 27 coupe.
Is the door window glass suppose to be the same dimension on each side and can someone supply me the correct dimensions so I can get safety glass cut.
The second question I have is I am replacing the trunk skin and have purchased a replacement skin.
The lower panel below the trunk lid had been replaced and I am unsure if it is correct.
The new skin appears to have a smile when you look from the back. I believe both the trunk lid and the lower panel should be straight across but bowed outward slightly. I am wondering if someone could confirm that when putting a straight edge on the lower lip of the trunk lid that it is straight across. It would also be helpful if I could get a picture looking from the back of the car.
Thanks in Advance
Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

Steven

Here is an older post on deck lid fit for coupe and runabout.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/443977.html?1405387892

Body glass charts are on the web, will try to post the coupe glass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

This web page has the Ford catalog with specs for the glass, scroll to the coupe and you can find the drawings with dimensions.

http://www.cimorelli.com/mtdl/1927/1927glassmar.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 02:25 pm:

Steven: My original and rusty '26 coupe trunk lid has 3/8" outward 'barrel' at the mid point of the lower lip edge where the latch is. I made my own lower panel from a 55 Ford hood skin and just formed the top edge of the panel and the frame behind the panel to match the lid where they overlap. Although the edges of lid and panel are straight, the 3/8" barrel does not give much of a 'smile' effect. Look up some of Don Booth's postings on the forum for improved coupe body pictures, he has restored several. From looking at a number of '26-'27 restored coupes at car shows the lower panel is also barreled out at the bottom edge by roughly 3/8" also, and I was able to form that panel without exotic tools, English Wheels, edge stretchers, etc, by just carefully bending it cold. All the best, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 09:47 pm:

Thanks all for the Information

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration