C Cab TT seat mounting details.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: C Cab TT seat mounting details.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 03:23 pm:

Could someone that has a Ford factory C Cab please post some pictures of the seat cushion brackets at the rear of the body? Friend is building one and is missing them.He needs to either make some or know what to look for in his vast pile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

I used to have some good pictures of the seat back frame but cannot find them. The frame consists of very little. The outer edge has a channel that the covering, with a cord sewn in on the edge, seats in and is crimped tight to hold. There are vertical wires spaced about 6 inches apart that run across the width of the frame. My original seat material had burlap and cotton batting that was loosely attached to the wires. The entire assembly is held in the truck on the top edge. There is a metal channel, similar to the outer seat back edge channel, that is sandwiched between the upper and lower section of the cab. The vendors sell this part. It is fairly close to the original. Again, the seat material is crimped into this channel to hold it in place.

My seat back hangs and is not attached any other place. The lower seat cushions hold it against the back of the cab. I used burlap and a very thin layer of foam in place of the cotton batting. Original C cab photos show both the smooth and pleated upholstery. I also think that there was a seat back mounting change later in production but I haven't seen any good original photos. Very few C cabs have the correct seat back in them any more since they are rust prone and somewhat of a pain to sew up and mount. Below are some photos that I have that show some detail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 01:39 pm:

Thank you,Justin.This may help.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration