Q. How to plate and equip a speedster?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Q. How to plate and equip a speedster?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Ford on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 04:17 pm:

I currently have titled and registered1925 coupe. It now has a speedster body. My question is what equipment, lights etc. are required to plate it in Michigan. Would I need to have it re-titled? And is getting it insured difficult? Thank You

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 12:00 am:

Leave it titled as a coupe-cops dont know the difference!

Headlights, a least a single tail light if originally equipped, but 2 are better, and they have to have brake lights, either in your tail lights, or mounted separately.

Turn signals-either lights or the knowledge and ability to use hand signals, but be aware that few people under 50 years old know what the hand signals mean, and they wont see them anyway as long as they are texting or talking on their portable telephones....

A functional emergency brake

A working horn.

If you have a windshield, it must have a wiper even if just a hand operated one.

Insurance can be a hassle, or a breeze, depending on who you use. I recommend Hagerty's out of Traverse City, never had a problem with them for 30 years.
Others may like different companies- J.C. Taylor or Grundy's come to mind.
Your own car insurer might even cover it fairly cheaply as a "recreation vehicle".
Shop around.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration