California needs it----we dont!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: California needs it----we dont!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 10:15 am:

For the past three days and nights with more predicted today off and on light rain has hit.

More predicted, wish another few weeks without it were possible.

moving equipment and creating space for modern cars under cover is now a priority.

Critters all over with school kids, campers shoppers and fishermen is to dangerous to drive a T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 10:33 am:

Your right. We do need some rain. Seems like we always need more rain. But we do have nice year round driving weather. I visit your beautiful Oregon coast almost every year. I guess the reason itís so nice is because of so much rain. I donít mind driving my old cars or riding my motorcycle in the rain. I do dislike cleaning them up afterwards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 11:10 am:

:-) Rain rain go away come again another day! Got stuff to do outside, can't really put it off so I guess I will get a bit damp. Do an Oregon car wash, soap the car etc up and go for a drive or just let the rain do it thing. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 11:22 am:

Hey Paul, Seems we out here in the Pacific Northwest are at the butt end of the rain funnel from japan. Its called an atmospheric river, it now reaches out over 2000 miles west.

Here in Seattle its been non stop for 3 days. Last night we went out to dinner and on the way home even high speed wipers would not allow us to continue driving. Had to to pull over and wait. When we drove to the restaurant for a brief moment the sky was bright and blue.

This morning the rain was so hard looking up through the skylights it appeared there was a hose at full stream running like a river.

Just saw the latest weather report, and next week 4 days of sun, go figure. I have been trying to move some cars from one building to another for the winter, and just maybe next week I will get it done.

I did see last Thursday in Oakland they had rain probably not near enough. We had a business associate in Santa Rosa who lost everything in a brief moment.

They had less than 10 minutes to get out. The odd thing was neighbors down the street were not touched. Hard to imagine the complete devastation over such a large area. Hope our PNW weather river turns south and helps with the devastating fires.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 11:59 am:

What's rain? Here it is like summer except it gets dark earlier and light later. We would like some rain but the Northwest seems to be getting most of it.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 12:14 pm:

With a daughter living in Lake port and working in Santa Rosa Kaiser with grand children in Willits the information is shocking.
Daughter was called at 230 AM to get to work---the normal 10 minuet drive took 45 minuets getting to work with exploding propane tanks and ash falling around her. Kaiser was evacuated in one hour with trees burning around it. Very Sad!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 04:22 pm:

Paul list it on e-bay see if J.Brown will order it for his state...Hint offer free shipping!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

Sort of thought of that G.R. last year

The Colombia is four miles wide where I live

Barges could be used to take water south but probably some unwanted plant or critter would go with the water.

Reducing cost of food to the states draining into the Columbia could pay for barge cost-----I guess!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 05:20 pm:

In the last month and a half or so it's rained once here after a wet summer. The put our county under a burn ban. They lifted it with the last little shower and I can't believe they didn't put it back on Tuesday when the commissioners met. It's supposed to rain a lot but only between 5 and 7 am tomorrow. It's dry as a powder house. Hope it rains because I just tore all the carpet out of my bedroom and need to burn it tomorrow.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration