Finally: Hershey Car Show Video

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Finally: Hershey Car Show Video
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 04:25 pm:

Finally threw together some clips from this year's (2017) Hershey Car Show. For the most part, they are in no particular order.

If any of you fellas see yourself, let us know and note the time in the vid.

Pleas excuse some bad framing due to, well, being at a car show with gazillions of people milling about and no viewfinder.

https://youtu.be/hkl6RrB7adg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 04:31 pm:

Thank you for assembling the video and sharing it. It is great to see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 04:48 pm:

Enjoyed it very much. Thanks for taking the time and posting it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 05:30 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 11:51 pm:

That was great!
Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 12:12 am:

WOW! There wasn't a car there I wouldn't like in my garage.... You did a good job on the video.
Thanks
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 12:55 am:

Thanks for posting. One day I'd like to take my Maxwell there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 07:45 am:

Great job, Thanks for sharing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

Gotta love the Chauffeur's Seat on that Lozier. Not too thrilled with your chauffer's driving? Take him back to the estate riding OUTSIDE THE CAR!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 06:43 pm:

Many thanks, Sean, for posting this great video. It brought the sights and sounds of Hershey into a lot of dens and living rooms.

I am slightly familiar with a few of these cars and their owners, and thought I’d share with the group.

At 0:50, the 2-cylinder 1908 REO gentlemen’s roadster belongs to Mike Romano. He brought it to the Hangover, but didn’t drive it because the weather was poor; he rode in my Buick Sunday. I rode in that REO when Art Wilkinson had it. It had no top or windshield then, and went like stink.

At 1:10, the 2-cylinder 1909 Buick Model F touring belongs to John Memmelaar, Jr. He and his father have quite a collection; at about 5:00, you can see his father arriving in a curved dash Oldsmobile, which he drives often on 1–and 2-cylinder tours.

At 1:45, and again at 16:00, the 2-cylinder Buick Model G roadster belongs to Marge and Randy Hall in Florida. They have several fine brass Buicks, and drive them a lot on Snappers tours. Randy says the “Three Ps” should be Packard, Pierce-Arrow and “Puick”.

At 2:30, the 1910 Stanley belongs to John Linderman from Connecticut. I’ve ridden in that car, and it’s mighty impressive. A few years ago John and I shared expenses to go to the New London to New Brighton tour in Minnesota. We took his Stanley and my one-cylinder Cadillac. We used my trailer because it’s long enough, and pulled it with his diesel truck, because it’s strong enough. At 15:00 there are close-ups of the car, and at 14:35 it’s joined by Alex Joyce’s original Stanley, which had been displayed in HPOF class with other unrestored cars. Alex is from Nashville, and is a former HCCA national president.

At 3:15, that double-decker Greyhound bus is a new restoration and won an award. And you thought you had it tough!

Tim Kelly didn’t show a car – he did drive his K on the Hangover, and let the tourmaster’s kids drive it (!) – but he puts in a cameo appearance at 5:40, looking at someone else’s 2-cylinder Ford.

At 6:30, the restored Lozier Briarcliff and mostly original Mercer touring both belong to Fred Hoch, a well-known NJ collector. He often brings the Mercer to Hershey; it’s one of the very few that hasn’t been converted to a raceabout. The blue touring car briefly visible behind the Mercer at it arrives is HCCA national VP Bob Ladd’s Chalmers-Detroit. The blue touring car to the Mercer’s right at it backs into its space is my ’12 Buick.

At 9:15 you see the beautiful 1909 Ford belonging to last year’s HCCA national president Carl Pate, well known to this audience as the author (and authority) on early Fords. His 1904 A/C makes a brief appearance at about 16:10.

At 12:25 you see Manny and Sandy Rein’s 1912 Overland touring car. This is another father-and-son performance; as Manny backs into his space, the roadster on his car’s right is his son Nick’s ’12 Overland roadster.

The 1912 Locomobile at 13:40 belongs to John McAnlis, the founder of the Snappers. His two sons are also very active in the hobby. They have mostly big touring cars and, for the 1-and 2-cylinder tours, little French Renault runabouts.

At 15:10 you get a glimpse of Peter Jakab's '14T, that got a Senior award. Peter is fairly new to the early car hobby - he also has a 2-cylinder Buick - and he rode with me in my Buick on the Hangover, along with Mike Romano. He's the chief curator of the Air and Space Museum; he has given evening talks about early aviation at HCCA tours.

The Rolls-Royce London-Edinburgh Silver Ghost at the end of the video belongs to Bob Barrett, who also drove on the Hangover. Bob has an astounding collection of early cars, and he mostly doesn’t use a trailer. For example, her and his wife, Jill, DRIVE brass cars – not just the big Rolls, but 2-cylnder Buicks – from their home in NY state to the Lansing-Dearborn and Old Car Festival in Michigan. His son, “Cubby”, is also active in the hobby.

I hope this has helped you to put some names with the cars. Again, that’s a great video.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 06:56 pm:

Wow, thank you Gilbert. I'll have to re-watch the video with notes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 07:13 pm:

Gilbert: Thanks for putting the effort and time into your post. I've watched the video so many times while putting it together I know of each and every auto you mention. We must have bumped shoulders several times that day. Thanks again!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration