Coil tester instructions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Coil tester instructions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 04:55 pm:

Couple months ago got a home made coil tester
0 to 3 amp guage got it out tested all my coils all where 1.2 to 2 amps using 12volt battery.
Like know little more about testing/adjusting them.
This doesnt mean i stop sending my coils to a pro
Just means i can check what comes in

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 02:02 am:

MTFCA book: The Electrical System.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 08:27 am:

That tester will tell you if your coils are bad, as no sparks will show.

It cannot tell you how good the coils are, as a good Mag can put out 24 to 36 volts for a much hotter spark, you cannot tell if the capacitor is capable of doing a rapid charge and discharge (like your lungs, it kind of has to breathe deeply) to eliminate random dropouts, and you cannot see double sparks.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration