Early drag links

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Early drag links
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 05:26 am:

Were the early drag links (1909/10/11) the only ones threaded at both ends and were they fine or coarse threaded?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 10:55 am:

Bill,
The 1909-1910 had a threaded drag link with a 20TPI thread and locking nuts at both ends of the rod. In 1911-1912 the thread change to 13 TPI, and in 1913, the three piece drag link had the forged ends riveted and brazed to the rod.
I hope this helps,
Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 10:57 am:

Thanks, Russ, indeed it does!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 07:14 pm:

Bill, Russ's reply may have missed a point. The drag link on my 1912 does have the coarse thread, but it has the adjustment at one end only. The other end is riveted and brazed, just like the two ends on the 1913 type. I don't know if this is true for all, or just an interim application.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration